• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How far could you get with your civilian owned guns and military supplies civilians can own?

If you could take civilian owned guns or your own guns and supplies how far would you get and what would Link/other NPC's think of your supplies? Especially if you had training?

How well would civilian guns work in BOTW assuming the person has a moderate to high level of training on them? Would any get thru the armor of monsters and about Guardians roaming around? I wonder if a couple well placed shot to the eyes would disable it better then a shock arrow? Maybe even hit a sensitive gear? (Smoke comes pouring out of the eyes of a guardian)

Do you think guns would freak any NPC's out such as the stable guys or shopkeepers if they saw you carry a gun around? Would you get shot at for having a gun in Hyrule even? What would the old guy think when he hears a gun for the first time when you go after your first Bokoblin camp and he's not expecting that?

Last edited:

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Guns would be pretty fun in BotW. Just a simple .22 would be great, put a scope on there and I'd be unstoppable, at least until I ran out of ammo. Then again, some of the tougher enemies like Black Moblins would probably be able to handle shots from a .22 rifle.

Guns would be pretty fun in BotW. Just a simple .22 would be great, put a scope on there and I'd be unstoppable, at least until I ran out of ammo. Then again, some of the tougher enemies like Black Moblins would probably be able to handle shots from a .22 rifle.
What do you think would be the best portable guns for this situation?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Honestly, it's a tossup.

Owning a gun and occasionally putting in some time at a firing range doesn't mean you're ready to bring that weapon into an isolated environment. Firing a weapon accurately while at risk of imminent death is a whole different beast than quietly taking your shots at the firing range. Contending with an alert and actively attacking Guardian would be a death sentence. It's a very tiny shot that you'd be attempting to make while running.

While they would undoubtedly help, they're also only as good as their ammunition. Once it's spent, Hyrule has never been shown to reach a level of technical advancement that allows for anything as complex as cannons, let alone portable firearms. It'd probably become a twelve pound burden that you'd drop at the side of the road.

Well once the ammo runs out I could at least use it as a heavy club. A metal club that won't break!!!! On top of that once I do get sick of carrying it around I could always sell it or give it to one of the tech research labs. Which lab do you think would be most interested in examining it?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Not to burst a bubble but in BotW everything breaks.
Even the MS (running out of energy) although only for a certain amount of time. So even things that couldn't possibly break will break in BotW. Instead of Breath of the wild they could name it Break of the wild....I still love the game though

Gorozoron

wild ride
tbh it would be dum if u could use guns , it just really isn't a concept that meshes with botw well , And it wouldn't be the most fun gameplay-wise using a sword and dodging then flurry rushing is the most satisfying thing ever way better than having to aim a stinkin rifle, that couldn't really work with a gun unless they added fricking rapid fire, even if they did put in guns they would probably be just bows but less fun to aim
Imagine Link walked up to a bokoblin with a medieval pistol

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't really feel as though guns fit very well with the Zelda formula and I wouldn't really enjoy seeing them in BOTW or Zelda in general. So many other games feature guns and I just feel as though there are so many more creative and unique weapons that could better fit within the Zelda universe compared to guns. There's something both heroic and pure & innocent about Link and I think seeing him holding a pistol would take away from that image, at least for me.

NPCs would surely be quite shocked to see someone with a gun walking in if they hadn't seen one in person before (provided they actually knew what it was and what it could do) and that would probably change their interactions with Link. I know I for one would be extremely uncomfortable seeing a gun being held by some random member of the public. I'm still a little confused at this thread though if I am honest, it is a very specific hypothetical situation and I can't see Nintendo ever considering the addition of "US civilian owned guns" to Zelda.

Me, personally, owning a pistol and that's it, would be able to make it basically everywhere except areas with Guardians. None of the enemies in BotW have any sort of armor, so as long as you can shoot clay pigeons 60 yards out with a rifle, you should be able to deal with anything other than the Guardians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom