• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Deal With Humiliation?

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I usually turn redder than a firetruck (Which is especailly vivid because I'm so pale :dry:) and try to laugh it off. I usually laugh too hard though, and it's pretty obvious that I'm embarrassed. :sweat:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I forgot to give examples of times I've been humiliated.

One time during freshman year I was in math and my teacher had to leave in the middle of the class period. Being the stupid freshman that I was, my first reaction to the teacher leaving was to say something stupid. I don't remember what I said but I screamed something about drugs. My friend decided to be a jerk and told me to repeat it. What I didn't know was the sub was standing at the teachers desk until he said "Don't say stupid things." The whole room went silent and everyone was staring at me. After class everyone kept bringing it up and all I said was "Was he hiding under her desk? Seriously the door didn't open at all."

Another time was a half day last school year. We were writing Mad Libs in English class and I happened to make the most offensive Mad Lib ever. I just threw a bunch of races and bad emotions on there, but I should have saw that coming. My friend decided to read it in front of the class and everyone was in shock and the teacher was pissed. I honestly didn't know it was going to end up being like that. I don't want to participate in Mad Libs ever again.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
well I try to get away from the area and relax.. then I'll think about it if it's really worth being so upset over.. but then if I give it enough time then really i'm pretty sure that i'll forget about it lol.

bunny

birb overlord
Usually my face will turn red, but I'll try to laugh and act cool. When I get someplace alone, I usually feel like crying, though. Eventually I forget about it. I'd like to think I focus on the present and future. You can't change the past, so... I think it's just easier that way.

It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I try to laugh it off.

The only time I can remember being humiliated was in 5th grade. We had some stupid "American Idol" thing in Math class where people in the class would sing math-themed songs. My friend and I were in charge of the halftime show thingy.

We decided that it would be funny if he said something along the lines of "Now we're going to have a nice, normal, comedy show.", and at that moment, I would come out of nowhere to sing Peanut Butter Jelly Time.

It was all going as planned until someone on the stage behind the curtain tripped me mid song. That was the last time I ever did anything like that in front of a group of people that large.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
It varies, although most of the time I deal with it quite well. Its part of my journey to being humble, so I try very hard to let it go and smile at those who humiliate me. I can cave though, from certain amounts of humiliation pressure put on me because I'm not perfect. Every time I am humiliated I try to steer myself in the right direction by telling myself that it is good, because it will make me better. :) And I don't have any stories to share great humiliation, so meh. :>

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
I try to keep quiet in order to not humiliate myself in front of others...

If it's my mates, pfffft, I don't even care. I humiliate myself, they humiliate themselves more often anyway :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom