• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do We Differentiate Link and Zelda in Various Games

While posting my timeline theory explanation, I started running into a problem with identifying one Link as opposed to another. As this was the case, I was wondering if we should try to agree on some universal rules for differentiating one Link or Zelda from another. Here are some I think are rather easy:
AoL Zelda=Sleeping Zelda
TP Zelda=Queen Zelda (she's Queen in all but name)
OoT/MM Link=Hero of Time
WW Link=Waker of Winds

And since SS is the first game in the timeline, we can just call that Link and Zelda "Link I" and "Zelda I". Of course...until they make another prequel.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The most common notation I've seen is LoZ-Link, LttP-Zelda, etc. With Link, you can use his heroic title if he has one (HoT, HoW, HoH...might be one or two more), but don't try to make up fan names. We wouldn't be able to differentiate Zelda in this way.

Agreed, and typically we know which one is being referred to since they'll usually be the one in the game being talked about on whatever subject or forum it's on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom