• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda How Do I Use My Bow?

I just finished up the first dungeon in the original TLoZ, where I got the Bow and Arrows. Inside, I also got the Boomerang and some Bombs, which I can select without trouble from the item screen. I tried to equip the Bow when I got it, but I couldn't. The "select square" just passed RIGHT OVER the Bow, and I can't select it. I saw some arrows for sale in one of the shops, do I have to by those first? Is that why it just skips right over the Bow? But I thought that everytime you fired arrows in TLoZ, it subtracted one rupee, and I have plenty of rupees. But then I see the arrows for sale, and that completely confuses me. I'm very confused. If it helps at all, I'm playing it on the Wii Virtual Console with the Wii Remote turned sideways, since it's most like the original NES Controller.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Yup, you're right, you have to buy arrows first. When you buy arrows, you have an unlimited amount of them, but it just subtracts one rupee instead. You're out of arrows when you're out of rupees. Plus, I think this belongs in the help section.

You have the buy the arrow first before you can use the bow.

Once you buy that one arrow, each time you use an arrow, it will cost 1 Rupee.

EDIT:
GRAHHH!!!

I got ninja'd by Fantry!

As the other 2 have said, you have to buy an arrow for around 80 rupees (might depend on which store), then each time you use an arrow, you'll lose 1 rupee for each arrow used.

You and the other user's are right. Once you get the Bow you can buy the Arrow's so you can use the Bow and Arrow, (well equiped).
You don't really have to buy the Arrow's, you're going to get the Silver Arrow to defeat Ganon. You can get the Silver Arrow in Level 8 or 9.
You can get Arrow's, but it is just a waste of Rupee's. ;)

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
You and the other user's are right. Once you get the Bow you can buy the Arrow's so you can use the Bow and Arrow, (well equiped).
You don't really have to buy the Arrow's, you're going to get the Silver Arrow to defeat Ganon. You can get the Silver Arrow in Level 8 or 9.
You can get Arrow's, but it is just a waste of Rupee's. ;)

Well actually you do need regular arrows before you can get to the last dungeon and get the Silver Arrow ..
Arrows are the only way to defeat Gohma, the 6th dungeon boss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom