• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Did the Occoa Build the City in the Sky?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
oh, i understand now.
but wouldn't they find a way to get around if they live there?

I've thought about this, too. And when I have, I've thought about how there had to be doors so there could be separate rooms and such. Like the shop. And what dungeon in Zelda is a dungeon without doors? So I'd chalk that part up to gameplay. But, still... I don't see any way the Oocca could have built the City in the Sky.

They could have used the Dominion Rod to control statues to build the city or the godesses built it for them and left.

The Dominion Rod isn't a possibility, either. They couldn't have held it with their wings. Besides, the Dominion Rod was just an item for the game. It was used as a way to make a sequence to get to the City in the Sky.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I've thought about this, too. And when I have, I've thought about how there had to be doors so there could be separate rooms and such. Like the shop. And what dungeon in Zelda is a dungeon without doors? So I'd chalk that part up to gameplay. But, still... I don't see any way the Oocca could have built the City in the Sky.

The Dominion Rod isn't a possibility, either. They couldn't have held it with their wings. Besides, the Dominion Rod was just an item for the game. It was used as a way to make a sequence to get to the City in the Sky.
There's still the question of why the doors were constructed the way they are, even if we accept the necessity for them. The Dominion Rod was built for the Messenger to the Sky, a Sheikah or Hylian. They could have constructed similar tools for themselves, though Occam's Razor makes this unlikely.

something tells me the occa are just lying xD, maybe there where humans and the occas were their pets, the humans go away and they are lying around saying they are superior xD, would be funny, but I dont think so.

something tells me the occa are just lying xD, maybe there where humans and the occas were their pets, the humans go away and they are lying around saying they are superior xD, would be funny, but I dont think so.

Dude, I like this (lol). But I still think the City in the Sky is just a massive ship or vessel built and used by someone, probably from Skyloft, to traverse the skies in search of something...but WHAT. For it's massive size, it may have just be referred to as a city.

Also: For what purpose would the Goddesses build it? To just drop a bunch of weirdo birds who can hardly make use of anything in the entire place (here's looking at you Double Clawshot)?. The Goddesses may have, no doubt, helped, but if they themselves built it, then WHY? I think Occam's razor comes into play when you think about where it was built. Judging by it's construction, it wasn't just built in mid-air, which MUST imply heavenly intervention (goddesses' help) for it to make sense. BUT it can't have been built on the ground either. Maybe a Twili or an ancestor warped it up there.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

Keep in mind, Shad didn't seem to know exactly what he was talking about. He was just quoting stuff from legend. And we all know legend gets obscured over time.

There's still the question of why the doors were constructed the way they are, even if we accept the necessity for them. The Dominion Rod was built for the Messenger to the Sky, a Sheikah or Hylian. They could have constructed similar tools for themselves, though Occam's Razor makes this unlikely.

Again, I state that it was simply for the dungeon aspect. Just like the Dominion Rod and most of the items in The Legend of Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom