• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How did Ganon get sealed in Lorule?

ALBWBS: Is revived, obtains the Triforce of Power again, and is defeated and sealed away ''in darkness'' thanks to the hero and sages of this period.

I don't remember this part from the game. When I played through it, I was under the impression that they were resurrecting him. I'll have to take another look, when I get the time.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
ALBW doesn't make any sense as it is a sequel to ALTTP. Ganon is clearly blown up in that game and not sealed. Nor does he poses the triforce of power. He possesses the full triforce.

I don't think any real thought was given to why Ganon was there sealed in Lorule but I can say that it doesn't make sense where it is placed in the timeline

Some things I just wanted to point out...

TPBS: Ganon's execution fails, and he is sealed in the Twilight Realm instead of being killed.
This happens in ZE, but in HH Ganondorf is executed and Hyrule is invaded by the shadow folk rather than the Twili.
FSA: New Ganon(only game in the series to have a different Ganon; even BotW Ganon is described as the same man who did battle with Ruto and Nabooru). He is the Guardian(not a king or leader) of the Desert, but is hated by his tribe due to him flouting the law. He becomes the Demon King of Darkness, and is sealed in the FS.
Once again this is ZE and it actually is Ganondorf that reincarnates into this new Ganon. However in HH he reincarnates back into Ganondorf.
Zelda 1: Ganon is revived again, takes the Triforce of Power again, and is killed again.
This is actually wrong on both timelines. In ZE it is Ganon and he simply returns. In HH Ganon is resurrected.

Some things I just wanted to point out...

This happens in ZE, but in HH Ganondorf is executed and Hyrule is invaded by the shadow folk rather than the Twili.

Same thing. Shadow is just a more accurate translation of the Twili; IIRC, that's what they're called in the JP version of TP.

Once again this is ZE and it actually is Ganondorf that reincarnates into this new Ganon. However in HH he reincarnates back into Ganondorf.

Ganondorf=Ganon. Ganon is merely a nickname.

This is actually wrong on both timelines. In ZE it is Ganon and he simply returns. In HH Ganon is resurrected.

Yes, he returns through resurrection. Both are right.

PART 2:

How did Ganon get unsealed in the backstory of Wind Waker? And then how did he get unsealed again in the present?

My theory: The Triforce of Power, baby. The first time. THE FIRST TIME. The second time? I'm pretty sure he makes a portal in Ganon's Tower that leads to Forsaken Fortress, but how did he do that if he was frozen? I DON'T KNOW, maybe the Helmaroc King? Maybe...I don't KNOW!

Same thing. Shadow is just a more accurate translation of the Twili; IIRC, that's what they're called in the JP version of TP.

Ganondorf=Ganon. Ganon is merely a nickname.

Yes, he returns through resurrection. Both are right.
Actually the word shadow is used in both translations. In fact, both translations only refer to the twili as shadows after they've transformed into beasts. Considering that shadow is used to refer to their beast form in both versions then you have to accept that the shadow invasion would be referring to an invasion of beast. The Twili invasion being humanoid. Another interesting detail about shadows is what Ganondorf has Kingship over. In JAP he is king over shadow, in USA he is king over Twili.

If you choose to refer to Ganondorf to be the same as Ganon then that's your choice. Although Ganondorf does not become Ganon until he transforms into his pig form in every game or written piece of lore. I think it's important to maintain that distinction because it directly refers to what state he was killed in, or sealed.

He was more likely to be revived referring to the instruction manual for Adventure of Link. As it says that his revival is through the sacrifice of Link and his blood sprinkled on Ganon's ashes. And if you're about to tell me that revival is the same thing as resurrection then explain to me why the three words 'revival, resurrection, and reincarnation' are used interchangeably within either timeline.

A reincarnation would mean that there is a rebirth much like Ganondorf in OoT. Revival is a form of necromancy that raises a corpses meaning that it wouldn't have a soul. However resurrections spawn souls into existence through rituals. Interestingly enough we never see a resurrection of Ganon in games. In fact every game that he is resurrected in HH has no mention of it in ZE while every game that he returns, revives, or is reincarnated is still typed out.

Last edited:
If you choose to refer to Ganondorf to be the same as Ganon then that's your choice. Although Ganondorf does not become Ganon until he transforms into his pig form in every game or written piece of lore. I think it's important to maintain that distinction because it directly refers to what state he was killed in, or sealed.

Yes, the fanbase and Nintendo themselves use the name ''Ganondorf'' to refer to his human form and ''Ganon'' to refer to his beast form for the sake of simplicity, but both the manual of ALttP and HH establish Ganon as being a mere nickname in universe. This explains why Ganon's Castle is called that instead of ''Ganondorf's Castle'' in OoT despite him not having transformed himself yet and why Phantom Ganon is called that in the same game despite being a phantom of his human form instead of ''Phantom Ganondorf''. In TWW for example, he's interchangeably called Ganondorf and Ganon despite only remaining in human form for the entire game.

He was more likely to be revived referring to the instruction manual for Adventure of Link. As it says that his revival is through the sacrifice of Link and his blood sprinkled on Ganon's ashes. And if you're about to tell me that revival is the same thing as resurrection then explain to me why the three words 'revival, resurrection, and reincarnation' are used interchangeably within either timeline.[/QUOTE}

Why does it matter if ''revival/ressurection'' are used interchangeably? That goes back to the example above with people in TWW going back and forth between the names Ganondorf and Ganon being used for the same person in TWW. Synonyms exist. Reincarnation is only used once in both timelines, to refer to FSA Ganon.

Yes, the fanbase and Nintendo themselves use the name ''Ganondorf'' to refer to his human form and ''Ganon'' to refer to his beast form for the sake of simplicity, but both the manual of ALttP and HH establish Ganon as being a mere nickname in universe. This explains why Ganon's Castle is called that instead of ''Ganondorf's Castle'' in OoT despite him not having transformed himself yet and why Phantom Ganon is called that in the same game despite being a phantom of his human form instead of ''Phantom Ganondorf''. In TWW for example, he's interchangeably called Ganondorf and Ganon despite only remaining in human form for the entire game.

Why does it matter if ''revival/ressurection'' are used interchangeably? That goes back to the example above with people in TWW going back and forth between the names Ganondorf and Ganon being used for the same person in TWW. Synonyms exist. Reincarnation is only used once in both timelines, to refer to FSA Ganon.
Like I said it's your choice as to how you distinguish the character. However it matters because names and titles determine outcomes. If someone says that Link killed Ganondorf in OoT then they'd tell a lie. While Ganon is killed by Link and by extension Ganondorf dies, if Link had killed Ganondorf before he transformed into Ganon then it would be a timeline that never existed because the sages would never have to seal Ganondorf in any timeline.

It's the same situation about your statement with the Twili being the Shadow people. See, in Twilight Princess the Twilight realm is not the Shadow World. In both translations of the game Hyrule is referred to as the Shadow World. If there was a shadow invasion then it was Hyrule who invaded, which does happen in the HH timeline. That is the same timeline that has no mention of a Twilight banishment after Skyward Sword. And the same timeline that points out a successful execution of Ganondorf.

Unless you plan to write off the books as non-canon then you have to respect names, titles, forms, conceptions, placements, and even pictures. You were pretty spot on for most things but you misspoke for Zelda I ZE/HH. Ganon, The King of Evil and The King of Evil, Ganon are two different Ganons in the downfall timeline. The Seven sages Seal the latter but the former is exterminated. This means that the latter returns from his seal in the ZE timeline downfall split. In HH that never happens rather it's one Ganon that keeps resurrecting over and over until it's prevented in Zelda II.

EDIT: Looking back at ZE, Zelda I refers to Ganon so I'm going to respect the nomenclature. It seems that Ganon returns from his seal in the adult timeline. This makes sense as to why he returns because he was never destroyed.

@GZ Zelda
This would mean that the Ganon in A Link between Worlds is the exterminated Ganon in ZE. That should be the answer to your question. It's actually funny because ALBW is placed twice on the ZE timeline, both having different descriptions. If you look at the top right you can see the canon where Yuga revives and fuses with a dead Ganon. Whereas the bottom left placement has no mention of Yuga's revival.

Last edited:
Like I said it's your choice as to how you distinguish the character. However it matters because names and titles determine outcomes. If someone says that Link killed Ganondorf in OoT then they'd tell a lie. While Ganon is killed by Link and by extension Ganondorf dies, if Link had killed Ganondorf before he transformed into Ganon then it would be a timeline that never existed because the sages would never have to seal Ganondorf in any timeline.

Ganon(dorf) isn't killed in OoT. He's sealed by the Awakened Sages after being incapacitated by the Hero of Time.

Unless you plan to write off the books as non-canon then you have to respect names, titles, forms, conceptions, placements, and even pictures. You were pretty spot on for most things but you misspoke for Zelda I ZE/HH. Ganon, The King of Evil and The King of Evil, Ganon are two different Ganons in the downfall timeline. The Seven sages Seal the latter but the former is exterminated. This means that the latter returns from his seal in the ZE timeline downfall split. In HH that never happens rather the same Ganon keeps resurrecting over and over until it's prevented in Zelda II.

Are you serious...?

You're saying that because Ganon's title is sometimes put before his name and sometimes after, that's it's referring to two different people? I'm sorry, but...that's absolutely absurd. Both HH and ZE establish that the Ganon in the entire DT is the very same one from OoT. ZE even has a section that highlights every game that Ganon I appears in as yellow, and FSA--the only game to feature Ganon II--in blue to differentiate them, and that's disregarding all the evidence outside of HH/ZE to suggest that every non-FSA Ganon is the same person.

Last edited:
Ganon(dorf) isn't killed in OoT. He's sealed by the Awakened Sages after being incapacitated by the Hero of Time.

Are you serious...?

You're saying that because Ganon's title is sometimes put before his name and sometimes after, that's it's referring to two different people? I'm sorry, but...that's absolutely absurd. Both HH and ZE establish that the Ganon in the entire DT is the very same one from OoT. ZE even has a section highlights every game that Ganon I appears in as yellow, and FSA--the only game to feature Ganon II--in blue to differentiate them, and that's disregarding all the evidence outside of HH/ZE to suggest that every non-FSA Ganon is the same person.
Yes I'm serious and most definitely did Ganon get sleighed by the master sword in OoT just as Ganondorf was sleighed by it in TP. Ganon's fate =/= Ganondorf's fate. And yes they are the same Ganon existing within sub-splits of DT.

Last edited:
This would mean that the Ganon in A Link between Worlds is the exterminated Ganon in ZE. That should be the answer to your question. It's actually funny because ALBW is placed twice on the ZE timeline, both having different descriptions. If you look at the top right you can see the canon where Yuga revives and fuses with a dead Ganon. Whereas the bottom left placement has no mention of Yuga's revival.

Ok, I just looked at the timeline, and you're right, they are two different descriptions, but it's the same event. Except it does say "revive," so it's the same Ganon, but revived.
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.37.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.37.53 PM.png
Also, this is the ZE canonical events (I mean, I don't consider ZE canonical, but let's play with it). It is the soul of Ganon, not the body. But we see the body, and we DON'T see the soul, as Yuga becomes the soul in the Ganon body.
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.38.30 PM.png
Also also, about the Ganon vs. Ganondorf distinction, there isn't one.Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.50.36 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.50.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.50.07 PM.png
    134.6 KB · Views: 2
Also, this is the ZE canonical events (I mean, I don't consider ZE canonical, but let's play with it). It is the soul of Ganon, not the body. But we see the body, and we DON'T see the soul, as Yuga becomes the soul in the Ganon body.

Also also, about the Ganon vs. Ganondorf distinction, there isn't one.
Good find!

Also, I stand by my word. Ganon's fate =/= Ganondorf's fate. I'm closing my opinion on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom