• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How did Ganon get sealed in Lorule?

This might not even deserve its own thread, but how did Ganon get sealed on Lorule in ALBW?

My current assumption is that the Room of Rites from the Oracle games is located in Lorule and they sealed his poorly resurrected corpse in Lorule Castle, which is why his lifeless body has to be combined with Yuga. If there are holes in that theory that I can't see, I have literally no idea how this happened.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
He wasn't sealed in Lorule, if I recall correctly. He was only revived in Lorule because that is where Yuga gathered the paintings of the sages to perform the revival ritual. The game says Ganon was sealed in a darkness. If anything this just means that like Lorule can connect to Hyrule, Lorule can also connect to the same realms of sealing as Hyrule.

According to the ALBW backstory, Ganon got the Triforce of Power again and was sealed away in darkness by the hero and seven sages of that period, but it doesn't say where or what that darkness was. But since the BS doesn't say otherwise, Ganon's sealing probably took place in Hyrule. If Hyrule and Lorule are connected then it stands to reason that the patch of darkness where Ganon was imprisoned is most likely connected as well. If Yuga did the ritual to release Ganon in Hyrule, then there's no reason why it wouldn't succeed just as it did in Lorule.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
According to the ALBW backstory, Ganon got the Triforce of Power again and was sealed away in darkness by the hero and seven sages of that period, but it doesn't say where or what that darkness was. But since the BS doesn't say otherwise, Ganon's sealing probably took place in Hyrule. If Hyrule and Lorule are connected then it stands to reason that the patch of darkness where Ganon was imprisoned is most likely connected as well. If Yuga did the ritual to release Ganon in Hyrule, then there's no reason why it wouldn't succeed just as it did in Lorule.
We're pretty much on the same page it seems.

I will say that there's a lot of possibilities here that could lead to different answers. Either...

a.) Lorule is the evolution of the sacred realm years after it's turn to the dark world and later purified by Link wishing on the Triforce.
b.) Lorule could be a Hero's dream manifesting itself into another or the same Hero's reality.
c.) It could be a world from another timeline split, or the unified timeline.
d.) Lorule is on the same earth at the same time, but at a different location.
e.) It's simply another land created by the same or different Goddesses.
f.) all or none of the above.

We only know so much about Lorule that it's hard to tell, but it is interesting to think about. Furthermore, I think a valid question is where did this Ganon birth into existence? We know that he was sealed in Lorule, however, that does not necessarily mean that he was incarnated in Lorule. There's always the possibilities that he was Ganondorf before he was Ganon, and the possibility that he might have been sealed once before. Interesting question my dude.

EDIT:

Forgot Lorule has their own sacred realm.

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
****, didn't even see your post. My comment didn't really contribute much, then...

I feel like I'm losing my touch with this theorizing thing sometimes, lol.
No way, it went more in depth than mine so it was a positive contribution. I enjoy seeing your theorizing, I don't think you've lost touch at all.

We know that he was sealed in Lorule, however, that does not necessarily mean that he was incarnated in Lorule. There's always the possibilities that he was Ganondorf before he was Ganon, and the possibility that he might have been sealed once before.
He wasn't sealed in Lorule though. He was just revived in Lorule. Yuga is obviously Ganon's Lorulian counterpart by the way.

I will say that there's a lot of possibilities here that could lead to different answers. Either...

a.) Lorule is the evolution of the sacred realm years after it's turn to the dark world and later purified by Link wishing on the Triforce.

We see Lorule and Hyrule's Sacred Realm coexisting at the end of the game so, yeah, that's impossible.

b.) Lorule could be a Hero's dream manifesting itself into another or the same Hero's reality.

Baseless.

c.) It could be a world from another timeline split, or the unified timeline.

ALBW is officially placed on the DT, so no.

IMO, Lorule makes the most sense as a parallel world of sorts, explaining all the parallels to Hyrule and its Sacred Realm.

Furthermore, I think a valid question is where did this Ganon birth into existence?

In Gerudo Valley during the Era of the Hero of Time, since he's officially the same Ganon as the one in every game sans FSA.

There's always the possibilities that he was Ganondorf before he was Ganon, and the possibility that he might have been sealed once before.

These aren't just possibilities; they're facts considering the above.

Also like, SMS said, he wasn't sealed in Lorule. Ganon's latest defeat and sealing prior to ALBW probably happened in Hyrule.

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
indulge my curiosity for a minute- what makes it obvious?
His appearence, for one. He looks like a counterpart to Ganondorf that has not taken a beast form yet. Hilda and Ravio are counterparts to Zelda and Link, respectively, and also have similar appearences as their Hylian counterparts.

He also easily merges with Ganon. All this evidence makes it more than likely that he is counterpart to Ganondorf/Ganon.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
His appearance, for one. He looks like a counterpart to Ganondorf that has not taken a beast form yet. Hilda and Ravio are counterparts to Zelda and Link, respectively, and also have similar appearences as their Hylian counterparts.

He also easily merges with Ganon. All this evidence makes it more than likely that he is counterpart to Ganondorf/Ganon.
I had a thought that he could maybe be impa's counterpart on account of him being hilda's lapdog

Appreciate all the thoughts!
He wasn't sealed in Lorule, if I recall correctly. He was only revived in Lorule because that is where Yuga gathered the paintings of the sages to perform the revival ritual. The game says Ganon was sealed in a darkness. If anything this just means that like Lorule can connect to Hyrule, Lorule can also connect to the same realms of sealing as Hyrule.
I wonder where this darkness is? Like, what realm is it? The Dark Realm?
How did he get sealed in Hyrule, though? Last we saw him, his lifeless corpse laid in the Room of Rites. Maybe the Oracles and Zelda brought him back to Hyrule so the Seven Sages could seal him?
I would say the Twilight Realm, but maybe.
I don't think the hero's dreams are powerful enough to create worlds like this; it would have to be a being like the Ocean King or the Wind Fish.

They really need to make the intermediate game where Ganon obtains and is sealed with the Triforce of Power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom