• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Close is Too Close

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Closeness is something we all have for other beings whether it be our animals, our families, or our friends (sometimes our inanimate objects too ;)). I've done a bit of googling this morning, thing is I want to know how close is too close to you. Maybe you're willing to sleep with your daughter, perhaps you keep people outside of hugging distance, etc etc etc. ^^

I have a personal bubble of about 3 feet although I'm willing to break it for giggles (I wrap my arm around my friends sometimes as a joke)

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Too close is when my friends are literally on top of me, and humping my squirming body on the ground. Seriously I was getting gang raped as a joke. They took my shoes off and just started humping me. The PE Teacher came and saw them. But all he did was look the black guy in the eye, and told him to pull his pants up. They proceeded to continue humping me. That was a scary experience.

I have different limits for different people. I don't like strangers touching me. I don't think it is a part of mannerly behavior and I think it's weird to go around patting people you don't know. My family gets hugs and kisses and my bf has a very wide range of stuff he can get away with. My friends get hugs, we snuggle sometimes and share space. Non-sexual touching is okay from friends and family, although sometimes my friends and I will be dumb and "molest" each other with a booty smack or something. I prefer no touching at all from strangers and co-workers.

it really depends on how well i know the person. if they're a complete stranger and are giving me bad vibes i'll be stand-offish. but otherwise it doesn't matter. i love giving and getting hugs, i'll cuddle with almost anybody, and i've slept in the same bed/couch with plenty of my friends (both guy and girl). especially when traveling. e.g. me, 4 other guys and 2 girls had to stay at a motel room with only 2 beds. needless to say, there was a cuddle puddle =p

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I don't like it when some peopl I know walk up to me and start to kiss my cheeks the whole time and keep on hugging me. It freaks me out. Yes I like hugs but they don't need to hug me the whole conversation and leave alone the continuous annoying cheeks kissings. I'm not a todler hmpf!

Since this question can also be answered in another way: I have a belgian friend and he has the bad habit of demanding from toehrs to fill up his weekend because David (his name) hates to be alone. He has to be busy with things all the time. He goes to soccer, goes to friends, works 5 days a week. But he is really demanding and when he has a free space in his schedule he automatically invites himself at my place. Not even asking if I have something to do, no, he says things like: Oh saturday the 12th I'm coming over. And when he gets over he also makes the next appointment without asking me first. I don't like that. It also ticks me off when people are claiming me completely :mad:

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
It depends on who it is, but generally I like my personal space (around 3 feet, like Ventus mentioned). I'm willing to break that for a hug or what not, but I start feeling uncomfortable when people are standing way to close to me.

Fun fact: Closeness is nigh taboo here in the U.S. Many countries around the world, however, place a large emphasis on closeness. Males tend to prefer keeping a certain distance when greeting others, especially other males; while females tend to prefer closeness. Me? I am the epitome of "distant," and I mean that in every sense...

Night Owl

~Momentai
My brothers are the epitome of people who don't understand personal space. So I always try to keep space between me and other people.

If I know someone fairly well I'll let them encroach closer without moving. But physical contact is awkward unless it's from my parents or someone I'm more affectionate to.

Hugs and high fives are random brushes don't really bother me though.

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
I am weird when it comes to touching. I'm considered a touchy person, though ussually I hate being touched. I'll put my arm around my friends as ajoke and such, but ussually if I don't initiate the touch, I get uncomfortable.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My brothers are the epitome of people who don't understand personal space. So I always try to keep space between me and other people.

If I know someone fairly well I'll let them encroach closer without moving. But physical contact is awkward unless it's from my parents or someone I'm more affectionate to.

Hugs and high fives are random brushes don't really bother me though.
Hey you always get hugs from me :P

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
If it's my girlfriend the only limit is no inappropriate things outside marriage.

If it's my Wife there are no boundries.

Everyone else, maybe hugs usually joking ones, but I'm touchy feely person so I like hugs and stuff. Anything past that I'll rip your lips off. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom