• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How another Hero of Time game could work

2MooglesGaming

More fun than a bag of Kupo Nuts!
@ReveredPartisan It would definitely be interesting to see a Zelda game that only had a "bad" ending, something dark that directly ties into the downfall and the Great Flood. It would be sad to see the Hero of Time fail, but definitely something new and different.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I've always liked the Hero of Time, he was my favorite, and most epic, imho, which is why I chose him as my username. I don't think that there could be a way for him to fail, however. He would give his life trying, and then TP Link could not be born. Also Link failing would have catastrophic effect on Hyrule and its history, an effect that has not been described in any of the games' history.

I dunno. I'd love another Hero of Time game, but I don't think that it could happen.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
(If this isn't the correct forum category, please move it)

So I've seen people(not necesarily here) who want another Hero of Time game, but others say that it would be pointless because we know how he ends up(Hero Shade), so there wouldn't be anything more to add.

But what if there would be?

This would involve another split from OoT, but personally, I don't mind them, as parallel worlds are part of the time travel concept.

It could be that, in another split, The Hero of Time didn't return to the past, and instead continued staying in the future(and no, he didn't stay in the future in the Adult Timeline, that's just a misconception).

We could then have a game about the return of Ganondorf which led to the great flood, except Link would now be here to stop him, avoiding the flood. Because the OoT and MM story is pretty much over because we know how he ends up, but if he stays in the future, things will end up diferently.

And it would be fitting with the time travel concept. We'd get OoT, a game with both Adult and Child Link, then MM with only Child Link, and then this game being only Adult Link.

I don't think we need another 'what if' timeline. Link does die in OOT because no player actually completes it on their first play through without dying so the downfall timeline at least makes sense that way. However we see Link leave the Adult timeline and there is no way they could twist it that makes sense to say that he stayed.

The hero of time in OOT is not the first Hero of time. If he is to return then it would be the previous incarnation of him, not the one from OOT.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
If Ganondorf is sealed than this suggests he somehow got unsealed and then resealed by Link, it wouldn't work. With Majora's Mask the mask lost it's power, it can't even be a threat anymore.

With ALBW Ganon is sealed in lorule even though he was exploded in ALTTP. It would work.
Not that I'm saying they should do that because it is just ****ing stupid to ignore major plot points from previous games.

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I think I remember reading an explanation somewhere that makes sense to me about the downfall timeline. In the first go around, Zelda doesn't get a dream about the evil man and the green kid from the forest who would save them all. (I guess that dream was sent to her by the Raru guy or however you spell his name) Therefore she knows nothing about Link and doesn't aid him whatsoever. This means that Link never receives the Ocarina of Time and can't get the master sword. When Ganon rises to power, Link doesn't have the skills or equipment he would have acquired through beating the temples as he wouldn't have known about them. Also, the Master Sword is needed to kill Ganon and since he doesn't have it, its impossible for him to win. That creates the Downfall timeline. From there, Raru or the Goddess of Time reverts time and Raru then gives Zelda the dream. Then we have the OOT game where Link succeeds. There's no way that Link could foresee anyway around this since he's practically has the brain of a 10 year old throughout the game. (Unless the 7 years aged his brain and cognition as well. Even if it did, by that time the downfall timeline would have already happened)

As far as another "what if" timeline...yeah, we don't need another. But a continuation down the Child Timeline would be great. Like I said in an earlier post, the Hero of Time could have so many more worthwhile adventures that we don't know about. Yes, we know in the end he dies and turns into the Hero's Shade, but what about all of the events leading up to it. The actual death of our hero should remain a mystery I think. With the Ocarina of Time, he could theoretically travel to a time AFTER his death and do quests in the distant future past TP. It would be very hard to write a comprehensible story that is consistent and full of plot holes if that were done. I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that there are still many opportunities for games that continue the HoT's story and that even though we know the end outcome, the journey to get there can be very enjoyable with plenty of possibilities.

The gap between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess are large enough. You could have another Hero of Time game, or even a new Link altogether, in that time span.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom