• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Help! 2nd Time in Sacred Grove and Can't Strike Stone to Open Temple Gate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
Did you press the stone in the back by the stone door if you beat the Skull Kid? That may trigger it. Or check the door.

D

DaViD_Boulet

Hey Judai,

Did you press the stone in the back by the stone door if you beat the Skull Kid? That may trigger it. Or check the door.

When you say "press the stone in the back by the stone door" I'm not sure I follow you. You don't mean the box that I had to push in order to enter the balcony area with the single statue do you? If this is another stone you're talking about, can you tell me exactly where and I'll try it tonight? Other than pushing the box down that blocked the path to the upper balcony area with the single statue, I didn't press/push any "stone" that I can remember. Also, when you say "check the door" do you mean the door that is currently (for me) concealed behind the single statue? I've gone there and walked all around, hit it with the ball and chain etc. trying to "do something" and nothing triggers anything that I can tell.

thanks for your thoughts!

D

DaViD_Boulet

Yes, what you're calling the stone is what I called the block/box so we're talking about the same thing. Yep... I pushed that forward to fall down which then triggered the movie-clip showing you the courtyard where the 2 statues are, then I ran in, then I went to the room on the right and turned into the wolf to dig down and get my heart piece I had forgotten the first time in the grove, then back up, then into the courtyard again and up the stairs and can't strike.

BTW, I did realize that I saved on the uppler ledge where you push the block... because I was careful not to overwrite that save in my log when I realized later I had goofed something up. I remember this point because I can start my 3rd save log and it puts me on the upper ledge and lets me push the stone down all over again (because I had saved before pushing it) and then I jump down and even if I run straight to the pedistal I don't get the strike option.

tonight I'll try again in the hope that maybe having the system turned off for a day has made a difference... PLEASE OH PLEASE I don't want to start the whole game over!!! especially since I don't even know WHY it's not working... who's to say I won't end up with the exact same problem again and again after anothe 60 hours of invested play time?

:(

p.s. that's the very you-tube video I found last night that showed how easy it's supposed to be... I'm just supposed to walk up to the pedistal and hit the A button when the prompt says "STRIKE"! but no-can do?

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
Hmm...
Very intresting, that maybe a glitch or just a malfunction. It could be an easter egg (most likely not) anyway do some more reasearch to find out what else changed.

D

DaViD_Boulet

Hey D.K.,

anyway do some more reasearch to find out what else changed.

can you explain a bit more what you mean I should do (ie, I'm researching here on this forum)? Since this glitch is preventing me from advancing in the game, I can't go forward to explore to see if anything else behaves differently in anything new. I can warp out and go other places I've already been however... one of my fears is that if I warp out at some point I won't be able to get back if the guy with the golden chicken decides not to hang out on that ledge anymore (since no twilight portal has yet been opened in the grove since I haven't been able to strike the pedistal). Anyplace you think I should go? I've already re-navigated back through the sacred-grove maze to get the Poe that I had missed and there wasn't anything I noticed other than the (logical) absence of the horn-guy and puppet-creatures. I'm assuming since this is the last time that he and those creatures get defeated, that the doorways will stay open now unlike the first time through when you couldn't get back.

thanks for the input!

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING.

One of you has solved the riddle. Upon re-thinking these comments driving home it suddenly "hit me" what the problem might be. When I got home from work I turned on Zelda, checked, and sure enough... I was just able to "strike" and remove the statue from the upper doorway to proceed.

Sigh... I'm a happy camper!

THANK YOU ALL!!! :D :D :D

Before I tell you who the winner is and what the solution was... anybody care to take a guess? :D Consider it a fun game (and I know you all like games... hehe)... everybody knows the problem in detail now, and it's also known that someone in this thread had the right clue...

Last edited by a moderator:

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
So tell me what it was. I'm curious.

And please do not double post. Use the
edit.gif
edit button next time.

D

DaViD_Boulet

Hey Judai,

sorry about the double post... wanted to make sure that the email notification that there was a solution would go out to subscribed members since editing an existing post won't send notification.

I'll go ahead and spill the beans, especially considering that you were the one who uncovered the problem/solution...

;)

It turns out I did *not* have the master-sword equipped after all! Interesting. What probably happened was that when I was saving that last time (or a time shortly before it), I must have inadvertently toggled to the old sword icon when moving the cursor on its way down to the "save" button. Naturally I never knowingly stopped using the Master Sword after having received it and enabling it way-back-when... so it never even occurred to me that this would be an issue.

When you first asked if I had it equipped, I thought "of course I do" because I was still using it (so I thought)... and then I realized on the way home that I might no longer be holding the master sword in my hand... but maybe the old sword by mistake.

You're a genius, and now I can continue onward... a bit more wary about accidentally toggling things on/off on that save/stats screen!

a big thank-you to you and to everyone for your help. this solution seems so obvious in hind-sight, but without the perspective of other folks... it might never even have occurred to me to consider that I accidentally switched swords without realizing it. THANKS.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom