• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Help! 2nd Time in Sacred Grove and Can't Strike Stone to Open Temple Gate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaViD_Boulet

Help!

I think I may have discovered a new save-glitch, but I've searched the web and so far I'm the only person who's mentioned this problem. I've also posted this in the "glitch" thread but please don't remove this as a double post... it may not be a glitch and might be a known issue with a real work-around so I want to make sure I cover my bases depending on who's reading which thread.

I just got into the Sacred Grove for the 2nd time... having just gotten through the Snow Peak dungeon (or mansion) and after defeating that annoying guy with the horn I've been let into the upper level of the sacred-grove temple area where you have to push the box to get down so you can run accross the courtyard and into the other room where you originally got your sword. I saved when I got into this new upper area because I didn't want to risk having to fight those puppet creatures again. Now when I run to the stone where the sword was first taken, I don't get the "STRIKE!" A-button trigger suggestion! I just get my usual "roll" for the A-button as I walk around. I've even warped out of the sacred grove and ridden the chicken and navigated back to the upper room all over again... but to no avail... when I get to the stone I can't "strike" it, and manually striking with the sword swpies doesn't do anything... even using the new secret strike-skill... clearly the game is intended to prompt you and then go into the video where it opens the door where the statue used to be on that upper level.

is the problem that I saved inside this room and so when the game starts me in there for some reason the "strike" is deactivated? I just seems so weird because I originally played the game continuously... saving but continuing onward without turning off the console, and still got no "strike" prompt when walking up to the sword-stone. :(

HELP!!!!

-dave

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I can see your new, so i think the Mods will go easy on you.

You say that you can't Strike the Pedestal eh? Try Moving closer, or rather on top of it.

If that does not work, Explore the Hyrule, Try to figure out what you think YOU should do BEFORE striking the Sword,

If that still does not work, It's either a new glitch like you say OR you forgot to do something in the Sacred Grove.

IF it is a glitch, please tell somebody who might be able to un-glitch your problem, like the MODS or Mases or Dabombster.

Hope this helps.

D

DaViD_Boulet

thanks for replying K4King!

You say that you can't Strike the Pedestal eh? Try Moving closer, or rather on top of it.

I've spent over an hour doing everything that's legal to print with that pedestal... and never ever do I get the "strike" prompt with the A-button. I've waited for night/day in case time of day made a difference... loaded up with various weapons, no weapons, sword drawn, not drawn, etc. etc. Even warped out of the woods entirely and navigated my way back manually (no map in that crazy section).

Caught the Poe that was above one water fall out in the grove in case that was necessary to move forward but that didn't change anything either.

If that does not work, Explore the Hyrule, Try to figure out what you think YOU should do BEFORE striking the Sword

If there are any hints of any kind... please let me know! I've double checked all my activites with more than one walk-through and I haven't missed anything except that I didn't beat the Snow Beast in the snow-boarding race... but that only wins a piece of a heart so it's a side-quest not releated to advancing to the grove or getting in the time temple. I've also acquired the latest "strike" secret skill... the one thing that I might have thought would have been needed to "strike" the pedistal. help!!!

If that still does not work, It's either a new glitch like you say OR you forgot to do something in the Sacred Grove.

What else is there? I opened the chest with the two torches, and I went back and transformed into a wolf by the howling stone but nothing happened as I had howled there the first time at the grove. Any clues???

thanks for your help!

IF it is a glitch, please tell somebody who might be able to un-glitch your problem, like the MODS or Mases or Dabombster.

I'm new to this whole thing! Is "Mases" and "Dabombster" members of this forum? How do I get in touch with them or with the mods? I'll be happy to do just that!

thanks!

dave :)

Hope this helps.

D

DaViD_Boulet

Cool. I'll contact the mods/webmasters later to see if they have a clue about this problem.

what's the "shoutbox"? Some sort of email/chat link? lemme know!

The Shoutbox is a sort of Instant Messenger application built into the Forums main page ;)

Also, I would like to know what you've done so far up to that point (like in terms of what you did after beating the Skull Kid...etc). Then I might be able to help you...I don't know if the saving has caused a glitch though, If it has you'll have to start over again.

D

DaViD_Boulet

thanks all.

to beat the skull kid I did "the usual" think where I kept following the light of his lantern to navigate through the various rooms he was opening up and hitting those darn puppet things with the sword. I was in human-link form the whole time. When the trumpet dude would taunt me from afar I'd shot him with arrows until it would prompt him to progress. Finally near the end I was up on that ledge where he was up high in a tree... and after a short or two with the arrows he opened that door and took me into the final room where he moved from ledge to ledge. I kept shooting with arrows until he gave me the "that was fun!" message and opened up access to the upper level of sword-courtyard... where you move the block to jump down to the level where the one statue stands in front of that large stone (presumably where the door will open up, and I either saved on this upper level or the level above where the box was pushed... can't remember now) and you then jump down where the male snail is and run past the 2 guards who you original played in that jumping puzzle game the first time you were in the grove. I then go up the steps to the pedistal and stand by it, move to it, walk over it, whack it with the sword by hand etc. NADA... no "strike" prompt ever appears for the A action button... just "roll"

I then wondered if missing the poe I had seen up on one of the ledges made a difference to advancing... so after an hour of trying to strike the pedistal to no avail I warped back to Faron woods and re-entered the grove with the chicken, found the poe, turned into the wolf and got its soul. then navigated back to the place that the horn-guy had led me and jumped down where the box was already pushed, ran past the male snail, past the 2 guard statues, back to the pedistal but still get no "strike"!

????

Oh, I left something out!

I forgot to say that after first entering into the area with the two statues, I took a detour out to the east room where I had originally defeated the skull kid the first time at the grove... because I had forgotten to get the heart piece in the cave. so I turned into the wolf and dug down and got it then back up then back into the grove with the 2 statues and up to the pedistal. However, one of the walk-throughs I read said that you could do this in exactly this order if you missed that heartpiece the first time in the grove... so not sure if that was the problem or not.

In my explorations around after not being able to strike I also climbed up the tall ivy in that east room and rode the spinner around to the chest on the far ledge.

I think that's all of the activities I've performed in that area.

was the problem that I "saved" inside that area when I first entered? should I back out of that room, save, and then try coming back in to see if it will reset in some way?

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to think about this and respond.

later today when I have time I'll send this thread link to the mods/admins as well to see if they have any ideas if they haven't read this thread already by then...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DaViD_Boulet

I did it both ways... for an hour (actually 47 minutes to be exact) I did everything you can imagine. The you-tube video I saw showed link walk up without the sword drawn, BTW. But neither way, sword drawn or not, makes it work for me.

D

DaViD_Boulet

K4KING,

really :) when I say I did everything legal to print with that pedistal... it's not an exaggeration! I walked up to it, on it, from every side, walked out of the room and back in to "walk up to it fresh" to see if that made a difference etc. I carefully inched up step by step to see if walking up in slow bits helped in case I was "overshooting" by walking up too fast. Nothing changed. for 47 minutes I tried everything you can think of.

In the you-tube video I see that the guys walks up slowly... and right as he gets up to it the action prompt switches from the usual "roll" to "strike" like it would switch to "grab" or "pick up" etc. that doesn't happen for me... it's like the pedistal is just part of the background and not an actual object that I can act upon.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Then my friend, You have discovered a glitch. I cannot think of anything that might benefit you,

I advise you to Watch more walkthroughs, Check anything or everything in Sacred Grove and try to think back what have you missed. i can't think of anything right now..

I'll PM you IF i have come up with an Answer.

D

DaViD_Boulet

Thanks.

I have a sneaking suspician that it is indeed a glitch... I'm wondering if having "saved" when I first entered the the upper ledge... might have off-set some sort of progress-meter in the game and caused the pedistal to not activate.

I'll let the mods know as well later to see if they have a clue. thanks for taking the time to ask the questions and think about the problem!

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
Do you have the Master Sword equipped? If so, stand in front of the pedestal and press the button to "strike" the pedestal. If not you may have hit a glitch, but I've never experienced it on the Gamecube version.

D

DaViD_Boulet

Do you have the Master Sword equipped? If so, stand in front of the pedestal and press the button to "strike" the pedestal. If not you may have hit a glitch, but I've never experienced it on the Gamecube version.

It's equipped (the sword). The problem is (wether the sword is drawn or sheathed) that I *never* get the "STRIKE" action prompt... so I can't strike! the game is acting like the pedistal is just part of the scenery... there's nothing happening to activate any strike prompt... I just get the usual "roll" as I walk up to it, touch it, walk over it, stand right next to it etc.

And yes... if you read my more lengthy posts you'll see I also tried to strike "manually" by z-targeting (though it won't lock on the pedistal because there's nothing to target) and holding a until I get the charged-sound to release and strike the ground as if I were fighting with the sword. That does nothing as well, even if the "manual strike" lands on the pedistal.

So in summary, the problem is that *I'm not even getting the "STRIKE!" action prompt*... so I can't strike and advance the game forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom