• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Heart Containers...

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Look, I know heart containers are a type of reward from beating a boss...but isn't weird how it always manages to come out of their eye, head, or other weak point? why would an evil creature hold such a useful tool?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I always thought they held them so no one else could obtain them easily. The only way to obtain them would be to defeat the boss themself, and like all evil characters, they think this is an impossible task.

BoxTar

yeah, but were they made by ganondorf? That doesn't really seem to make sense...And yes, I believe ganondorf made the bosses.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I believe that the pieces of hearts and heart containers in general to be essences of the most powerful of beasts in Ganon's army. The pieces of hearts were split because they grant more power to the one who wields them and no one wants that to happen. However the Heart Containers were never split because they had been let out recently.

BoxTar

'I believe that the pieces of hearts and heart containers in general to be essences of the most powerful of beasts in Ganon's army. The pieces of hearts were split because they grant more power to the one who wields them and no one wants that to happen. However the Heart Containers were never split because they had been let out recently."

What do you mean by let out recently? I don't exactly understand...

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
'I believe that the pieces of hearts and heart containers in general to be essences of the most powerful of beasts in Ganon's army. The pieces of hearts were split because they grant more power to the one who wields them and no one wants that to happen. However the Heart Containers were never split because they had been let out recently."

What do you mean by let out recently? I don't exactly understand...

The monster's had been killed recently and there was no time to split up the heart container.

BoxTar

The monster's had been killed recently and there was no time to split up the heart container.

okay, I get it. There were original heart containers, and beasts got to it. They were supposed to break into peices, but the boss had it so long so it never had enough time to split.

But why wouldn't it split within the beast? Do you think there is some kind of seal?

I believe that the Heart Containers are for gameplay purposes not for storyline purposes.
They pop out of weird places like a bosses eye because it makes the game seem more dramatic.
They really don't seem like a mystery to me.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
okay, I get it. There were original heart containers, and beasts got to it. They were supposed to break into peices, but the boss had it so long so it never had enough time to split.

But why wouldn't it split within the beast? Do you think there is some kind of seal?

It's basically the beast's heart itself so it wouldn't split. It's an essence so when the beast dies, they let out their essence. Basically like how normal monster's drop smaller hearts.

This is only my own idea and the real reason they exist is for gameplay purposes but I'm sure Nintendo was thinking this. "Let's have it so that when the monster dies they lose their heart and it becomes part of Link."

Sorta like Megaman even though he came later than Hyrule Fantasy.

BoxTar

Also a part of the franchise. Always used in every game. But if there was a reason, it would be an odd one...but I see where you are getting at.

I just wonder why bosses never release money or magic...:clap:

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I was just playing PH and got the heart container from capturing Neptoona. While it's not a boss, the old Wayfarer referred to it as being about romance and the like. This was also the case in Twilight Princess, with the fortune teller talking about your love life and referring to heart pieces. They also had the actual physical representation of the Yeti's love as refilling hearts.

I didn't think about this before with my post above, but this confuses just exactly what these things are in terms of bosses. Maybe they are actually meant to be the heart of the boss? Although this wouldn't make sense with the Goron who became Fyrus in TP, since he lived through the ordeal.

While I do agree it's more of a case of being a function of the gameplay as Midna666 stated, they've been trying to explain them more recently with TP and PH.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"Now, if you kill an enemy, be sure to eat their heart - to gain their courage. Their rich, tasty courage." __ Professor Farnswroth, Futurama, sending Fry off to war.

I always considered the heart containers and heart pieces to be more of a "gameplay device" than anything else. Sure NPCs will say interesting things sometimes when you get a heart piece (Hena at the fishing hole in TP for instance if you fish the heart piece out of the rock. "Whose heart did you steal? You sweetheart, you!" ), but I mostly consider the heart pieces popping out of bosses and stuff to be mainly a visual representation (for us players) of Link "gaining strength." Maybe, though his eyes, he's not grabbing hearts, he just feels victiorous and stronger than he did before, for having defeated a big evil creature.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I've always thought of heart containers as mostly an element of gameplay, perhaps not really there in the story, but I can see it making sense. Having the Heart Container come out of the eye, like the first post mentioned, seems pretty weird, but it absolutely makes sense that their weak point is where their heart is.

S

supergoron97

I think that they are the hearts of the bosses, and in TP in the bulblin camp if you slash the bulbo roasting on the fire a whole bunch, a peice of heart will pop out of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom