• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Gotten the Hylian Shield in SS Yet?

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
The title really says it all, but have you obtained the Hylian Shield? I just got mine yesterday and it's pretty useful being indestructible and all. :P For those of you who don't know how to get it, you must be at the part of the game where you learn the Thunder Dragon's part of the Song of the Hero. After he teaches you his part he tells you to talk to him later so he can prepare something special for you when really you can just talk to him right away. Once you speak to him he'll ask you if you'd like relive some of your greatest challenges, say yes, and he'll ask if you want to go back to the Silent Realm, or relive boss battles, choose "Battle" and you get to pick which era of time you'd like to revisit (beginning, middle, later, something like that :S). Then you get to pick the boss you fight first but you only get to use the shield you have equipped and if you continue fighting your health will stay as it was in the previous battle, and he gets to pick the rest of the bosses. Once you defeat the 8th boss quit and you get the Hylian Shield.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I did, but I was surprised that it wasn't the last item that Lanayru gives Link in the Boss Challenge mode. I still don't know what was. I only did it for that shield. XD

I have. I rarely use a shield though. I just wanted to get one for the sake of obtaining it.

Same, although I'm not as afraid to use it, now. Even though the Sacred Shield and its upgrades healed themselves, I still didn't use them that much.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I did, but I was surprised that it wasn't the last item that Lanayru gives Link in the Boss Challenge mode. I still don't know what was. I only did it for that shield. XD

The last thing, I believe, is 2,000 rupees, I just did it to get the Hylian Shield as well.
Also, a combination of shielding and luck when fighting Demise can beat his first form in under 15 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom