• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Walked Out During a Movie?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Not every movie is worth sitting through. Your money has already been spent, and if the movie is bad, why bother finish it? Why not get up and leave?

Have you ever walked out of the theatre during the movie? If so, how often do you? Rather, are you one who does the movie justice and pull through no matter the quality?

I myself have never left mid-film, but that's only because I'm picky in what I pay for in the first place...

I never walk out of a movie, I've wanted to before but I paid for the ticket so I'll get my money's worth out of the extortionate price they charge.

As much as i have wanted to walk out of some films; Avatar (which i actually saw for free) and Silent Hill 2, instead of walking out i just hug up to my gf ad go to sleep. Its a dark room and i can sleep with noise so its all good for me.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I rarely go to the cinema as it is since it's so expencive, so I've so far not had to suffer through a bad movie. But if I come across a bad one on TV or I buy a DVD and the movie is bad, then I turn it off and watch something else instead

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Nope because for the same reasons Spirit has mentioned. But so far I think I only saw one movie I didn't like so much and that was if I recall The Phantom Menace . I managed to watched it till the end though. On TV or DVD I definitely turn a movie off if I dislike it

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
In a theater nope. I watch movies all the way through, unless It's something I'm watching at home, then I may get up and leave. I'd only walk out on a movie if it's inappropriate.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Yes. Back when Chicken Run was in cinemas, a friend and I went to see it and we got really bored we left before the movie ended. I still to this day have never re-watched this movie.

This is the only instance I can recall having ever walked out of the cinema. (It came close with I Am Legend though. [Do not get me started...]).

Garo

Boy Wonder
I have walked out of a single film in my entire life. I will endure almost anything, because as a film student and prospective filmmaker, I feel obligated to sit through a movie I begin to watch, out of sheer respect for the efforts of the creators.

But one film I could not endure. It was less a statement of how absolutely atrocious the film itself was (though it was really bad), and more a statement of how I simply couldn't tolerate the effect the film was having on me. The sole film I have walked out of is Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008). I walked out after fifteen minutes, after watching the absence of the traditional opening title crawl and the disappointing animation and voice acting. Was it really that bad? It was pretty bad, but I've seen worse. It's simply that the film was everything a Star Wars film should not be, and as an unabashed Star Wars fan, it was too damaging for me to sit through.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Weeeeell... There was this one time... See, for a long time I had a strong, unexplainable hatred for Peter Pan. Long story, don't ask. But the rest of my family wanted to see that live-action version that came out in... *goes to check* 2003. Halfway through the movie I started bawling and demanding to leave. It took a scolding in the hallway and a bribe in the form of a popsicle to get me back in. I still only went back because I was just a kid and couldn't be left alone. Still hate just thinking about that movie.

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
Once, when I was a kid. An aunt took me to see Hook in the theater and I wasn't quite old enough for it--as soon as they landed on the pirate ship in Neverland I freaked out and we had to leave (I now, of course, think it is hilarious that those pirates scared me).

Now, I never do, mostly because I only go to the movies two or three times a year and when I do it's either something that I really want to see and know it will be worth the $30+ we'll end up spending (verified via trusted friends who are frequent movie-goers) or because I made some sort of complicated deal with my husband that involves me going to see something that he knows he'll love and will consider to be worth the $30+ we'll end up spending.

I have a friend that goes to the movies all the time, though, and she frequently walks out if she doesn't like the movie after 30 minutes. It is fairly hilarious to witness this as she stands up and loudly proclaims "I reject YOU" to the screen before walking out.

Dan

Yes I walked out of Tin-Tin the movie. I don't care if it costs a ticket, I'm not going to waste my time watching something I don't like. Because if you aren't enjoying the movie you haven't really got your moneys worth anyway by enduring it, unless you enjoy tormenting yourself, so you may as well leave and do something enjoyable. Case in point there is always a risk if you don't do your homework to make sure the movie is to your tastes. Not to mention it's prices are a bit harsh in the first place. Better off staying at home nowadays. Sure back in the day it was cool when tv's weren't as big but now we have the luxury of such, no longer to we have to endure the people behind talking about how much there scrotums itch, no longer must we endure the audience laughing at something that we personally don't find funny. Or struggle finding a seat only to have to sit next to a person that hasn't heard of a shower.

I'll be at home with my popcorn that doesn't cost 20 times more than the Cinima, I'll be at home sitting in my underwear enjoying the luxury of privacy and fine tastes. **** the Cinima and **** people who don't take showers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom