• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Saved a Life?

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
Chameleon. I know how you feel.. But one of my friends threatend to kill herself. I was able to persuaded her to get help. She got it but it didnt help then she attempted but failed because I called the cops. She still hates me but what you going to do let them do it?

No, but my father did. When I was about 2 years old, my father and I were at a steakhouse. A woman at a table near us, started choking on a piece of meat. The people sitting with her were too shocked to do anything, so my dad walked over and performed some abdominal thrusts until the woman spit the piece of meat out.

D

Din

I probably did save a life,but not even know it. I also saved my own life if that counts..

Lord_Cathaseigh

Like a sir.
My mom and I were on our way home and happened to pass a garage sale. I saw a kid playing near the sidewalk and this was a fairly busy road. How this happened, I don't know. We had turned off the road and were about 10 seconds down it when both my mom and I quickly decided to go back. Sure enough the kid was playing in the road, when we see a truck. The kid was too short for the driver to see, so he/she was coming right at her. My mom yells out probably 4-5 times before the truck finally stops, 5 feet away from running her over. Like I said, I have no idea why I made the connection. I guess miraces do happen :)

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
No, not a human's, but i've saved my Pets. My Hamster opened her hamster ball (SomeHow) And she got out! I have no cat, but she walked into the kitchen and climbed onto the stove and almost fell into the boiling hot as heck stew! I saved her. It was seriously close. Mainly because she was actually the only pet other then my dog that cared for me and never did anything wrong to me. Then my dog got caught in a blizzard, and just about froze to death. She was caught on a vine and twisted her paw. I walked out and saved her. I took her to a vet and they said that another 10 minutes and she would have died if i hadn't went outside and took her to vet! Other then that, no. I've never saved another human's life though.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Every living, breathing moment I'm saving my own life by choosing to breathe.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Hmm. A friend of mine once told me that I kept her from suicide by talking to her on AIM 'till all hours of the night. Not sure that' really "counts" as she and others have done the very same for me. It's like an exchange of people helping each other with our respective psychosies.

If it counts, I risked my life to save a horse once. I stood between a panicked horse and traffic. Maybe I saved some people-lives then, too, because a large animal running out into the street to get hit by a car driven by someone who doesn't see it equals bad news.

Vanitas Remnant

You've done it, Ventus.
Iowa, or Hell. They're both the same thing.
I did. A LOOONNNGGGG time ago when I was 7, my little sister, who was 4 years old, saw one of our flip flops in the deep end of the pool. So she went and tried to grab it, and she fell right in, sinking to the bottom. Right when she fell in, I dove (Which was the first and last time I dove into a pool) to the bottom and grabbed her.

She scared the living Rings out of me!

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
If it involves killing people,I would really like to sacrifice my life.

I think I did saved someone's life... My fake friend threw scissors(sharp) at someone and I quickly catched the scissors....I almost got injured...and a little kid was at a road and a car almost hitted her... yeah,I almost got injured too...

Brodogs

Competitive TF2 Medic
I have not knowingly saved anyone's life directly but in some way today I prevented someone dying. Was driving through a school zone with the lights about to go red (they were yellow). A kid was looking our way (he must have acknowledged me), most likely assuming he was fine. Thankfully the other lane was clear because as the light was still yellow he began to run across the road right in front of me. Not having time to stop I swerved to the left to avoid him... he just kept walking not seeming to care. All I can say is thank goodness the other lane was clear otherwise it would have ended badly.

To anyone who says I should have just slammed on the brakes - I have just done a safe driving course not a month ago now travelling at 40km/hr and I would still have hit him had I braked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom