• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest Dungeon in Zelda History?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
v @ Big Octo...

But that's something I personally love about the Great Palace. I believe that, as the final ordeal of the game, it should be hard to reach, and then more hard to vanquish.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
MQ Spirit Temple. Played for hours and don't even have the mirror shield. No other dungeon gave me even remotely close to this much trouble.

Also if you pushed that one block down before you shot the eye switch, you'd be down a key you needed, and be forced to restart the entire save file. Spirit Temple from master quest was just badly designed in many regards, it shouldn't be possible to accidently mess up a dungeon to the point of unbeatablity simply because you tried to go up the hole in first room before doing anything else.

S

shabreeze

For me, it would be Ganon's Tower in A Link to the Past. If I were to play The Adventure of Link, The Great Palace would probably win, but I haven't played it yet.

I didn't think the Ocarina of Time Water Temple was that bad.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Of the games I have played (all except Adventure of Link), I would have to say that hardest dungeon is either Jabu Jabu's Belly from Oracle of Ages or Death Mountain from the original Legend of Zelda. Death Mountain is more tedious than difficult, but it will remain in the list nevertheless. Jabu Jabu's Belly, on the other hand, was a very confusing and would make you go round and round in circles until you finally found out what to do.

Omega Fury

I ain't mad bro!
Hardest dungeon was Water Temple in OoT. You had to go in same places to do different things. The worst part was *gulps* Princess Ruto.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Easy: the Great Palace from Zelda 2. After about two hours of trying to complete it, i felt like i had been in every room ten times. I decided to creat a map on a large piece of paper. It helped a lot as i was able to see where in the dungeon i had not traversed through.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I didn't really think Stone Tower was that hard and one of the only Dungeon that i really struggled on was the Water Temple man 4 hours in one Dungeon is just too much but i would like to see more Dungeons that just completely mind **** the player!

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I'd have to agree with those who say any dungeon from Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. As I am a person who does not use walkthroughs/cheat codes on my first play through of any game, I began pulling my hair out at Death Mountain! Not only was the difficulty level of this game high, but if you were redirected to the Game Over screen, you were forced to start from the exact place from which your adventure began. This I found, got to be quite annoying! While I do agree that AoL does not recieve as much love compared to all other Legend if Zelda games, its not hard to see why many fans dislike it.

I also found some of the MQ temples to be quite difficult.

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
Stone Tower Temple, The Great Palace, and Tower of Spirits are in my opinion the hardest, but there are a TON of others as well.
I think the Water Temple from OoT was really easy actually.

Last edited:
zelda 2 was the most difficult loz i've ever played,so i would say the most difficult was the great tempe with those chicken warriors i forgot they're names,thunderbird as dungeon boss and final boss dark link really difficult,at least the first time the second i played it just with 4 hearts but ok it costed about 8 hours to complete the tempel,althought the water tempel in tp was very difficult too but no loz can compete with Aol...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom