• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Handmade Deku Shields For Sale?

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I am currently making a Deku Shield for myself, but should I make multiples? I already have paint and wood stain to paint over 10 probably, and a thing of wood to make about two costs about $12 (I have one currently, so the first one I make I'm keeping). I have also already made templates for the shield and Kokiri Symbol out of cardboard. I have an eBay account, and will offer customization (orange or red Kokiri symbol, left or right-handedness) though I'm having trouble finding small simple straps believe it or not.

But basically, should I do it? All of the other Deku Shields on the net are either plastic toys or made out of metal. Mine will be hand-carved and painted.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
You think so? I just need some encouragement.

I'm looking into leather straps currently, but if not then I can easily get a pack of long velcro straps that I can cut and make more than enough as a last resort. I'll probably start on the one I'm going to keep this week and post pictures when completed. I'll even sand it, use wood stain to preserve the detail of the wood, etc.

Probably charge at least $50, for this thing will be detailed and become the best Deku Shield on the internet.

Do it! that would be a awesome collecters item!

Will do. There's a fire ban in my area currently anyway. :)

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Well I'm going to be cutting and painting two today, but I still don't have any handles/straps at the moment. But I will get pictures of the front. If somebody does order one they can choose if they want it to be either for their right or left hand, and if they want an orange or red symbol.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Sorry For The Double Post

IMG_1264.jpg

Some are finished, for the most part. This is just a beta screen.

I still need to add the handles and straps on the back and apply a second coat of acrylic paint on the logos, but I will be offering them in orange or red, and left and right handedness. I sanded them thoroughly and applied wood stain to the front and sides, though I'm not sure yet if I will leave the back plain or add a lighter color stain to it.

But what do you guys think? I'm keeping the orange one for myself and selling the red one to my friend so far.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Thanks! The last thing I just need to establish...shipping boxes. USPS doesn't offer any big enough. If anybody would have any good ideas, PLEASE let me know.

But I have made three! The first two are prototypes that I am selling to my friends. The one in the video is the third one, and is mine. Future ones will be ones made for selling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom