• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GX Timeline Theory

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I would love for it to be an alternate legend, to be honest. But it seals a really gaping hole in the timeline by bringing a new Ganon into play - the ostensible death of Ganon at the end of Twilight Princess, yet his reemergence trapped in the Sacred Realm in A Link to the Past. Thus I find it hard to place it outside of the current timeline with the games we currently have available. If it is an alternate legend (which would be really cool, a nice fusion of a timeline and literal legend theory), there is plenty of room for a full game between TP and ALttP, but we don't have that yet. So I place FS/FSA in the hole to put a tenuous, not perfect, but solid, seal on that hole.

What's ironic about this is that FSA was originally planned to be the Seal War (as they scrapped OoT being it, hence WW taking ALttP's place being a sequel to the adult ending), but was decided not to be about halfway through development. Anyway, yes, there is a gap, but it can't be filled without contradiction as of yet, as you mentioned (and I'm glad you see that). This gap is the reason I want Nintendo to make a game that goes in-between TP and ALttP that brings about the Seal War.

Garo

Boy Wonder
What's ironic about this is that FSA was originally planned to be the Seal War (as they scrapped OoT being it, hence WW taking ALttP's place being a sequel to the adult ending), but was decided not to be about halfway through development. Anyway, yes, there is a gap, but it can't be filled without contradiction as of yet, as you mentioned (and I'm glad you see that). This gap is the reason I want Nintendo to make a game that goes in-between TP and ALttP that brings about the Seal War.

See, I wouldn't mind that TOO much, but I would hugely prefer it be delegated to a handheld title. As I've said in other threads, I really like when Nintendo experiments with their main series console games. Wind Waker's Great Sea, Majora's Mask's three-day system, Twilight Princess' twilight realm, and Skyward's Skyloft - all novel gameplay mechanics that didn't really fit within our understanding of the timeline at the time (especially Wind Waker). So I really hope that any future Zelda games don't shy away from something like that in order to fit it into a specific spot in the Timeline, say, the Seal War.

What's ironic about this is that FSA was originally planned to be the Seal War ... but was decided not to be about halfway through development.
What? That doesn't make sense. Why would they scrap that idea? You know if any game that does depict a seal war that is talked about in ALttP it would have to be FSA. Oh but wait, it said that seven WISE MEN sealed the gate but in FSA it was seven maidens! :S ... ARGH!!! :mad:.

It seems when something is about to finally connect the dots there's that small contradiction that ruins it. :shake:

Pen

The game is on!
Good point, but with the way it's described, it highly suggests that nothing happened. I mean, Link went back to his own time at the end of OoT, which is why there was no Hero to stop Ganon when he broke out. If there's no Hero at that point, what makes you say there was one before? It wouldn't be possible, as Link went back. Now, WW Link had no connection, but the gods had no other chioce but to do what they did (surely they made a reincarnation to stop Ganondorf), as Ganondorf had gotten above the surface of the Great Sea. (I've seen Axle describe a way in which there could be a Link in-between OoT and WW, but the first part of it is flawed in that he says Link was sent back through actual time-travel, which isn't the case, as Link would have landed as an adult. The fact that he landed as a child is proof that it was still the reversing of time, just that there was a split by still being somewhat sent back.)

It might be like this:
Hero of Time defeats Ganon. --> Ganon is sealed away and the Hero of Time leaves. --> Any other Zelda game takes place. --> Ganon escapes and Hyrule is flooded. --> The events of WW begins.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Komali: Wind Waker explains that no hero stood up to the evil (Ganon) when it broke from the seal. This goes against any Ganon-related games coming in that time, and any Links coming within that time to stand up to him. Since most of the games not containing Ganon are linked to a set game in the series, and the only other possible series it would create serious issues in continuity (FSS*), its safe to say that no games come between OoT and WW.

I know the debate of bloodlines is often up in the air, but I'm under the impression that WW was really the first to break the bloodline of Links. I mean if the Goddess's interventions could just throw out a new Link willy nilly, makes you wonder why they didn't when he broke loose.

*(FSA contains Ganon and, at the end, shows off decor of the Triforce. FSA could not come before due to Ganon being challenged by Link, but you also couldn't put FS and MC before because their layout is derived from the same source, and FS's Link is the same Link as FSA. Though it takes place on the old Hyrule, it doesn't seem to fit on the AT (or the CT to be honest)).

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It might be like this:
Hero of Time defeats Ganon. --> Ganon is sealed away and the Hero of Time leaves. --> Any other Zelda game takes place. --> Ganon escapes and Hyrule is flooded. --> The events of WW begins.

Link left the time Ganondorf was sealed in behind in OoT, returning to his own time, in which MM took place, followed by TP. Because he left that time behind, no descendant of Link's could be born. This is the reason the gods flooded Hyrule, as no one could stop Ganon. And if that's the case, along with the fact that it's stated "And then one day a fell wind began to blow...", there's really no gap for one of the games we have lined up. Again, ALttP was originally set after the time Link left behind, as OoT was the Seal War at first, but due to numerous inconcistencies between OoT and ALttP's backstory, OoT was made to no longer be the Seal War, and WW retconned ALttP's placement.

I know the debate of bloodlines is often up in the air, but I'm under the impression that WW was really the first to break the bloodline of Links. I mean if the Goddess's interventions could just throw out a new Link willy nilly, makes you wonder why they didn't when he broke loose.

ALttP's Link was a descendant of one of the Knights of Hyrule in the Seal War, and Link in OoT was clearly made to be that knight. This is one of the inconcistencies with OoT being the Seal War, as Link left the AT behind at the end of OoT. Why the gods didn't reincarnate a Hero when the time of Ganon's breakout was nigh, I don't know, but that doesn't really matter. It just matters that WW's Link wasn't connected to the HoT, while ALttP's did at the time. And still will, just that he can't be the first Hero after the HoT anymore due to TP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom