• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Groose Vs Mido

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
After playing the abomination that is Ocarina of Time, I found similarities between Mido and Groose from Skiward Sward. The question here is simple: who's a better bully character, Mido or Groose?

Mido

Version 1
I will say the following: Groose's pompadour may be the greatest entity in all of sports entertainment, but in a complete plot twist that nobody here expects, I pick the player formerly known as Mido. (The bias exudes from this post. :sweat: )

At least Groose takes time to aid our hero on his quest, unlike Mido, who decides that Link is just an obstacle in his struggling love life. Granted, I never had the chance to truly play Skyward Sword; therefore, I cannot truly vouch for Groose. I get the tad bit about Groose's good deeds from the little I know about the game. Mido apologizes to the extremely tall and macho Link, and since his love life doesn't reach first base, I guess one can feel sympathy for the lad. Nonetheless, I think Mido's mean streak, despite his own troubles, cannot be made up for with his apology. Groose, while also a bully in his own right, at least offers some compensation for it with his aid to Link. This is not to say that Groose intended to compensate for his misdeeds, however. (Like I said, my limited knowledge of SS prevents me from truly knowing the powers of Groose.)

Indeed, Mido gets my pick. No matter what, however, we all realize that through these two hooligans, Nintendo has crafted some fine characters! :clap:

Salem

SICK
Mido, all he did is stop you from going to dangerous places unless you're armed or trustworthy enough, he's responsible.

Groose stole your bird and hid it somewhere, his irresponsible behaviour could've easily hurt or even killed the bird, or one of his friends.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Push. Given the opportunity to expand character interaction that included stabbing them to death, I would kill both without hesitation.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
After playing the abomination that is Ocarina of Time, I found similarities between Mido and Groose from Skiward Sward. The question here is simple: who's a better bully character, Mido or Groose?

The question was who is a better bully, keep in mind

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
The question was who is a better bully, keep in mind
In that case, still Groosey Groose. As has been pointed out, him hiding Link's loftwing couldve had disasterous consequences. Link couldve been killed if Zelda wasn't there. Mido never did anything of that nature. He blocked the way out of the forest and went around talking smack, that's all.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Grosse was definitely more of a bully. He did more bully-like things than Mido, who barely did much. Groose had his own lackeys whom he obviously led through intimidation. He pushed around Fledge, who was considerably weaker than he was. Like others have said, he hid Link's loftwing, which could've had disastrous consequences. The worst Mido did was block Link's path until he got himself armed. That can't even really be considered an act of bullying.

I will point out that both Groose and Mido had the same motivations... Each was jealous of Link having a closer friendship to the object of their affections. I find that interesting.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Well like many before me said Groose's character was way more developed than Mido, so I guess I'd choose him, just because he actually gets kind of physical with link were as mido only talks bad about link when OoT begins, but eventually misses him or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom