• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Good PS2 Games?

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
Alright so I just got a PS2 and I would like some suggestions from real gamers. Now this game console is at my dad's house which I go to back once a week so keep in mind that I don't want like 20 game suggestions at once.

What I have now:
Batman Begins
Shadow of the Colossus
Kingdom Hearts
God of War

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My personal list:
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts II
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Final Fantasy X (personally hate this game but it is loved by others)
Final Fantasy XII
Resident Evil 4
Sonic Riders Zero Gravity
BLACK
Soul Calibur III

Kirino

Tatakae
Okami and Metal Gear Solid 3 are two of the best games I ever played. I highly recommend them.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I didn't play much PS2 but Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal is my favorite game that's not on a Nintendo console. I played through it many times and it was great.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Depends on what sort of games you like. The PS2 had a massive library of titles and a large selection of RPGs, which comprised the bulk of my personal PS2 library.

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Beyond Good and Evil (Also for Gamecube)
Okami (Also for Wii)
Dragon Quest X (One of My Favorites)
ICO (Timeless Must Play Action Adventure - Good Luck Finding it though) also the spiritual predecessor to Shadow of the Colossus.
Resident Evil 4 (Shooter/Survival Horror - Great on Wii as well)

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom HeartsRE:Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts 2
Metal Gear SOlid 2 Substance
Metal Gear SOlid 3 Substanance
Bully

Dan

Grand theft auto series.
Ratchet and clank series.
Jak and Daxter series.
Crash nitro kart, twinsanity, and wraith of cortex. Can't recall the other games too much.
Metal gear solid series.
Street fighter alpha anthology
Dragon Quest X
Wild arms 3
Sonic mega collection +
Sonic Gems collection
Spiderman 2
ultimate spiderman
Timesplitters 2 and 3
Resident evil 4
Rayman 3
Rayman M

There are a few games I really suggest to you. The PS2 actually had a very good linup, so I'm sure one of these games will strike your fancy.

Shadow of the Collossus: This game is really something else. I don't even really know what genre I'd put it in... Adventure, RPG, and with some elements of Puzzle. SotC is basically a huge boss-gauntlet that lasts through the whole game. You have to fight 16 giant collosi, and when I say giant, I mean giant. They're so big that you have to find ways to climb up their backs to get to their weak points on their heads. It truly is an adventure of epic proportions. If that sparks your intrest, I highly suggest you check that one out.

Kingdom Hearts Series: Kingdom Hearts is arguably the best RPG of all time. In fact, I think it's close to perfect. It's developed by Square, (now Square Enix) which also developed the Final Fantasy series, and the Chrono Trigger series, although KH is not turn based. Hell, it not being turn-based is one of the reasons I like it so much. No waiting, just plain-out brawling. Square also got the rights to certain Disney movies and characters, so there are worlds such as Wonderland from Alice in Wonderland, and Mount Olympus from Hercules. So once again, if you're into that type of thing, I really suggest you check that one out.

Seeing as you already own those two games, here's one that I think is a must-have for all PS2 owners.

Star Wars Battlefront: I think that the original blew the second Battlefront out of the water, so we'll be talking about the original. This game takes place in the Star Wars universe, so you'll get to play as Clone Troopers, Rebels, and even Stormtroopers. It's a third person shooter with a lot of strategy involved. There's many game modes, such as Capture the Flag, a mode where you try to capture all the points, and a mode where it's just plain-out fighting.

That's what I think. :P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh crap, did I not list Star Wars Battlefront II? That game is absolutely legendary! I recommend that PS2 game for sure (though you can get it on Xbox and PC, and PC version arguably is the best despite awkward lag and not being compatible with Win7 by default). It tells a somewhat gripping story about the 501st Battalion and its rise to become the Emperor's Hand [or something like that; my SWB2 Campaign knowledge is rusty]. Anyway, what makes SWB2 so great in my opinion is the excellent gun play and the lovely maps. My favorites are Mygeeto, Coruscant and Mustafar :D

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Marvel vs Capcom 2

You need nothing more than this (and maybe a copy of any GTA, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, and Final Fantasy game of your choice). I spent hours wasting time on Marvel vs Capcom 2 perfecting combos, pulling off awesome moves, and have a blast. I had fun whether it was me playing by myself of against a friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom