• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim Like Vaati?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Okay, so based on what I've seen from videos of Skyward Sword, the new villain Ghirahim has many characteristics like the Wind Mage Vaati:

1. He can create tornados appear out of thin air;

2. Has the ability to teleport as if vanishing with the wind;

3. His hair is wild like Vaati's, though it's uncovered by a cap and slicked to one side so that it conceals his right eye.

What do you think? Are there more attributes that equate the two? Is there a possible connection, biologically or not?

Let me know what you think!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It's possible they borrowed some aspects from Vaati, but Ghirahim is definitely not related to him in any direct way. Vaati is a Picori. This guy's not. His hair's like it is to cover up his right ear, which is round instead of pointy, not for a resemblance.

Anyway, Ghirahim is without a doubt a "dark interloper" mentioned in Twilight Princess. You mentioned how he disappears. Look at how he does it. Thins out and leaves a trail of diamonds behind. Pretty much just like Zant. And he's not the only one. He mentions there are others. This game is going to be the Interloper War and the "dark interlopers" will be sealed in the Mirror of Twilight at the end of the game. I'm sure of it.

I think that because Ghirahim has these similar characteristics, this could mean Ghirahim is a wind mage. Also I have a feeling Vaati could be the leader of this tribe and the main antagonist of Skyward Sword because of these similarities.

But i'm proberly jumping to wrong conclusions with that one. for all we know so far, it looks like a new villan is yet to make an apperance.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Well you have to say, they're both arrogant, and think of themselves like Gods. Nintendo obviously had a little bit a Vaati when thinking up Ghirahim.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Ghirahim's designer is the same as Vaati's...

So I guess the guy wasnt really inspired in doing it, or perhaps that is his style of villian-art.
Though that both have very similar powers do seems intersting...but now again, the theme is sky so there would be a lot of wind-based monsters/devils

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I think that because Ghirahim has these similar characteristics, this could mean Ghirahim is a wind mage. Also I have a feeling Vaati could be the leader of this tribe and the main antagonist of Skyward Sword because of these similarities.

But i'm proberly jumping to wrong conclusions with that one. for all we know so far, it looks like a new villan is yet to make an apperance.

Again, Vaati is a Picori. He only had that human form from wearing the Minish Cap. He can't be in this game.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
It's possible they borrowed some aspects from Vaati, but Ghirahim is definitely not related to him in any direct way. Vaati is a Picori. This guy's not. His hair's like it is to cover up his right ear, which is round instead of pointy, not for a resemblance.

Anyway, Ghirahim is without a doubt a "dark interloper" mentioned in Twilight Princess. You mentioned how he disappears. Look at how he does it. Thins out and leaves a trail of diamonds behind. Pretty much just like Zant. And he's not the only one. He mentions there are others. This game is going to be the Interloper War and the "dark interlopers" will be sealed in the Mirror of Twilight at the end of the game. I'm sure of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ghirahim was also of the Dark Tribe, which I believe is somehow related to the Interlopers. Maybe they're of parallel existence, though, just as Hyrule and Termina are. I hope they give some reference of it in Skyward Sword.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Man, get the power! In a Nintendo Power interview, Aonuma said that there is absolutely no connection between the two.

Man, get the power! In a Nintendo Power interview, Aonuma said that there is absolutely no connection between the two.

No one has said or implyed that Vaati and Ghirahim are connected. Yes they have similar charcteristics, but that doesn't automatically make them related to each other. That's what people here are saying.

No, impossible. The monster came after the human form.

That statement is partlly true. If you look at the four swords Timeline, the Minish cap comes before four swords. In the four swords Vaati is just sealed in the four sword. In the Minish cap, Vaati was completely destroyed, so it's unclear how vaati ended up inside the four sword. What i'm basically implying is that it doesn't nessecary need to be the same vaati in order for him to appear.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
That statement is partlly true. If you look at the four swords Timeline, the Minish cap comes before four swords. In the four swords Vaati is just sealed in the four sword. In the Minish cap, Vaati was completely destroyed, so it's unclear how vaati ended up inside the four sword. What i'm basically implying is that it doesn't nessecary need to be the same vaati in order for him to appear.

Um, pretty sure it does need to be the same Vaati. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Um, pretty sure it does need to be the same Vaati.
If you look at the vaati monsters in the minish cap and Four swords, they are completely different. Plus the vaati in the Minish cap was completely destroyed. If that's the case then how did Vaati end up in the four sword in the four swords game? It Doesn't nesscesary mean there not the same vaati, it's just unclear wheither they are the same.
And with that I don't see Why Vaati can't be in Skyward Sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom