• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim and Vaati?

TNinja

Of the Gorons
When I first saw the skyward sword trailer with Ghirahim in it, i actually thought Nintendo was bringing back Vaati from MC and FS, but then I heard that it was some evil guy named ghirahim. But nonetheless, Ghirahim does resemble Vaati in some ways: they have the same skin tone, similar hairstyles (part covering one eye), long ears, wearing a cape and other stuff. I was wondering what you guys might think about this idea of Ghirahim possibly being related to Vaati, maybe Vaati being a reincarnation of Ghirahim. I'm not sure since the only game I've played with Vaati in it was MC and i don't know much about this new guy either. What do you guys think about this theory?

Vaati.jpg 429px-Ghirahim_Artwork.jpg

Attachments

• 200px-Ghirahim.jpg
    200px-Ghirahim.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I had already thought of this and posted about it, but with the release coming up it's good to bring the discussion back. The two definitely have some similarities, but I believe their of different classes. Vaati is a Picori, and Ghirahim, as popular speculation goes, is of the Dark Tribe. Of course we don't know very much of the Dark Tribe, but it's safe to say they're not related. Rather, Vaati may have influenced Ghirahim's appearance.

TNinja

Of the Gorons
Yeah, i thought Vaati might have just been an inspiration for the design for ghirahim, but I've always wanted them to bring Vaati into one of the bigger games, he's always been my favorite villian.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It is confirmed there is no connection between the two, but it is clear that they used some of Vaati's design ideas for Ghirahim.

from what I remember in the minish cap, Vaati was a minish and then he went evil and used ezlo to become a human so that he could conquer the world.
Okey thanks. So that would mean that Vaati cannot possibly have anything to do with Ghirahim and SS in general, since there are no minishes is SS and also no Ezlo, up to this point.

Ghirahim and Vaati do not look similar at all?
Vaati is a minish a character developed by Capcom.
I do not think they are related in anyway at all.
It is like saying Zant is related to Ganon?
What comes out of this is that there is no way that they have a connection!
This is just my own opinion

The director of Skyward Sword is the same man who directed Minish Cap. Aonuma has said that there is no connection between Ghirahim and Vaati, but the believes that some inspiration for Ghirahim's design did come from Vaati.

TNinja

Of the Gorons
Ghirahim and Vaati do not look similar at all?
Vaati is a minish a character developed by Capcom.
I do not think they are related in anyway at all.
What comes out of this is that there is no way that they have a connection!
This is just my own opinion

Yea, i guess that makes sense, i was just hoping to see Vaati again.

Whenever I first saw the picture of Ghirahim when it first came out my first thought was Vaati, but I didn't think they would do another origin story for an old villain. While I can't deny they do share a similar color and outfit pallet.

Ganondork

goo
Thareous said:
as popular speculation goes, is of the Dark Tribe

Actually I think that idea has been scrapped. There is an obvious difference between the Demon Horde (as the opening trailer called them) and the Dark Interlopers.

TNinja said:
Yea, i guess that makes sense, i was just hoping to see Vaati again.

I doubt we ever will. Vaati was part of the Four Swords trilogy, and this takes place centuries before.

Anyway, there's a clear difference between Ghirahim and Vaati. Vaati is a Picori and Ghirahim is part of the Demon Horde. Despite their appearance similarities, they are of different backgrounds. In a more radical view, they are entirely different in their behavior. Vaati is evil and commands with force. Although Ghirahim will fight, he does not command. His entire reason to fight is to revive his Master, whereas Vaati is alone in his endeavors.

Moonlight said:

I don't think it's quite that radical of a situation. Zant and Ganon don't even look alike. Although Zant and Ghirahim share the fact that they both serve a Master. However, at least Vaati and Ghirahim look alike, Zant and Ganon don't even look related at all. But even with these similarities, Vaati and Ghirahim are still entirely different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom