• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art GCC Dark Link Voting

GCC Dark Link Voting

• Entry 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Entry 2

• Entry 3

• Entry 4

• Entry 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Announcement: The next Theme will be Game/Game Characters. Make a banner with any game character you like. It can be the cover of a game or more games and of course your fav game characters. You can start by sending me the entries by pm now. The closing time will be Thursday March 3.

Here are the entries I received for the Dark Link entry. And again I received a couple of entries and am happy it has been another success :) Remember the winning entry will be shown at the mainpage at the end of each month!

Warning: No self voting allowed. We want to keep it fair for everyone so when you do vote for yourself your vote won't count and will be removed. And even though there are no names yet about who made what I know who made what :lol:

Okay: Here are the entries I received for this contest:

Entry 1:
DarkLink.png

Entry 2:
4tnaer.jpg

Entry 3:
zeldasig8.png

Entry 4:
darklinku.png

Entry 5:
dlink.png

LOL! To the first one, very funny! I like it!
Well, all of these are pretty good, I like them all, I really do. But I feel like the second one really fit's with the theme more to me, in my opinion.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
For me it's a tie between 2 and 3. I think number 2 is a bit too dark in general but the eyes and the whole mood is creepy. It really fits the theme. Nr 3 his facial expression is dark. I like what they did with the render

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I vote for number 3. The first 2 are just too dark to see and the colour scheme on the last one is good, but I prefer number 3's entry. ^^

None of these are really using a Dark Link render, most are either racial or using Link and coloring him dark. Entry 2 I can't see at all and Entry 3 is too simple for me to enjoy. Entry 4 is sloppy, and Entry 5 has too much covering the render, so it's difficult to tell it's there. I really don't think I will be voting due to that.

I don't mean to offend, they were all very good entries. I just felt most of them had something that could be added to really make them awesome.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The winner of the contest is Zenox! Congrats!!! Your entry will be shown at the mainpage at the end of the month.

And here are the names of the ones who participated.

Entry 1: Zenox
Entry 2: Fierce Deity
Entry 3: FirevsIce
Entry 4: Lanzz
Entry 5: Thunder-Ocarina

Thanks to all who entered

David

But you called me here...
Voted for entry #1 (last week...). Awesome coloring and use of light effects. It also uses awesome pen tool effects too. Well done Zenox.

The rest of them are really good too. I'd mostly like to mention lighting and background for the rest of you. Lighting is key to making a good looking signature. A good effect that I use is taking a large (usually 60-400px) soft brush, brushing on a new layer where you see the lighting go on the render, and then set that layer to soft light, or lighten. It adds a really cool effect and adds a light source to the signature.

Backgrounds are also key. Some Rust 'n Grunge backgrounds can work, but it takes time to perfect the technique. Its also advisable to take out watermarks and other icons from your stock and render. They can really make it look messy and like you didn't care.

But other than a few details like that, you all did a great job! Keep up the good work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom