• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GCC Contest Round 6 Skyward Sword Voting

GCC Round 6 Skyward Sword Voting

• Illusore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chilfo Freeze

• mandym287

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Okay guys, thanks for the entries you sent me this time. I appreciate it. Before I post this week's entries I want to say one thing:
I always post a deadline at which I must have received all entries. So if the deadline not has passed yet you can always participate. You don't need to ask me if you are allowed to participate, simply shoot me a pm with your entry. I don't give a rupee if you use paint, photoshop, gimp or whatever. As long as you are able to make graphics it is fine with me ;) To participate and show off yopur talent is what counts here. I get a lot of questions where people ask me if they are allowed to participate so like I said in the above post: YES OF COURSE YOU ARE!

Okay so I like to announce the winner of last Round Legend of Korra: mandym287. Congratulations and enjoy your award ;)
So now I like to announce the next theme which will be:
Smash Brothers Brawl
You can use whatever character you want as long as it is a SBB character or Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
This time the deadline will last a bit longer. We have decided to do a contest once in the two weeks to give the people time to create an entry and to give the other contests time to keep up. So the Deadline will be set at Sat 8/18/2012 12 pm CET

Okay here we go with this Round's entries:

Entry 1 Illusore
impaa.png

Entry 2 Chilfo Freeze
20kvxqo.jpg

Entry 3 mandym287
Nl95

Good luck ;)

Last edited:

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Oh my goodness! All of the other entries are so dang good! Can't decide... <3

Heroine of Time - A beautiful rendition of color! I think the white background on the image threw me off a bit. Maybe because it's a little too distanced from the image itself. Otherwise, simply flawless!

Illusore - Simple, yet it sends out an aura of power. This may just be my choice. It's just great! Also, I love the look of the text!

Chilfo Freeze - Blah. Crap. Get outta here, imbecile.

Mandy - I like the neon look! IMO, there's not much depth to the graphic itself, but nonetheless, it all flows together nicely!

Vote goes to Illusore! Simply stunning.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hottie, Illusore, Mandy...I absolutely love the effects you have going in your works. However, the border in the former and the latter works seems to me to be highly unnecessary and even detracts from the work (don't look at me, I wouldn't know for sure). And in the case of Illusore, your image seems just a snippet bit too bland. Yeah, I get the mystery vibe, but there isn't ENOUGH mystery. My vote ultimately goes to Chilfo Freeze.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Wow, everyone has great entries this time. Good job everyone!

My vote, however, goes to Heroine of Time, because I think it looks the best out of these superb entries.

Heroine of Time
Is this the same banner you spoke of here?
I have [a Skyward Sword graphic] that I made for a friend a while back.
If it is, then I think that's a DQ. But if not, then... yay... pretty! ;p I do like the use of fractals to enhance the flow of the image, but not very fond of the logo being smacked into it. The lighting is really nice. :>

Illusore
Mmmm... I love your use of the cloning tool. --Er, you did use it, didn't you? Displacing the splatter around your render in the way you did, and the filter you used on it looks really, really awesome. I love this piece, I also see that you used your render for your text colors. Teehee, that's a Photoshop feature that I wish GIMP had. Oh, anyways... since the method of smudging you used is a really effective way to work the render into the background, I wish you had made the background a bit more interesting to really tie it together.

Chilfo Freeze
I think you may have had a little too much fun with the filters. The subjects look distorted, and it's difficult for me to focus on. And since both Link and Ghirahim are focal points, being on opposite sides of the image really confuses my eyes as to where they are supposed to look first. The background looks pretty interesting, though. And... that font... --is that Lithos? <3

mandym287
You call this photomanipulation? Eeew, go die.

--Illusore got my vote this time around. c:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Heroine of Time
Is this the same banner you spoke of here? If it is, then I think that's a DQ. But if not, then... yay... pretty! ;p I do like the use of fractals to enhance the flow of the image, but not very fond of the logo being smacked into it. The lighting is really nice. :>
No, it's not. No one told me if I could do that or not, so I didn't use it. I made this for myself a little while ago, and decided to enter it. ^^

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Holy crap. These are all amazing. I'm stunned at such a great display of artistic talent. Although, this is a competition, so there was one that did stand out for me.

Illusore, your piece stood out to me the most. I was speechless and my jaw dropped to the ground when I stared at it. Beautiful, gorgeous, and flawless! Everyone else did a fantastic job as well. I commemorate you for your effort. Keep up the great work everyone! (:

Heroine of Time

On first glance I fell in love with your piece but it's rather generic. Essentially it's official artwork from the game with the logo added in to spice things up. The graphic itself is very nice however it could have been imbued with more creativity.

Illusore

My problem once more is that this appears to be a near carbon copy of official game artwork with some extra smudge effects tossed into the fray. Your previous artwork impressed me more.

Chilfo Freeze

I'm not a fan of the blurriness in your submission but nevertheless deem it to be the best among the crowd for it's an original piece with the iconic Link and primary antagonist Ghirahim side by side.

mandym287

Bugger all, I dunno. At least you took the time to craft an intricate background with a unique font to layer it all out. Your graphic is my second favorite among the bunch. Fantastic effort.

My vote goes to Chilfo Freeze. I'm excited to see next week's submissions. I've always been a huge Smash Bros. fan.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
How long ago is "a little while ago"? I'm pretty sure if you made the graphic before the theme for this one was set last week, then that's still a DQ. It has to be a new graphic.
Oh...

I'm really, really sorry then! I made it E3 2011. I thought I explained in my PM that it was old work. You can disqualify me, I guess. Guess I should have read the rules more closely. Really, I'm so sorry about this.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I really HATE to say it because I LOVE your entry but mandy is right. It is against the rules to use old work :( I have to DQ you but you are free to join the next round and the upcoming rounds if you like ;)

My vote goes to Mandy. I love the texture and effects, and that scene is a favorite of mine. My only complaints are the text doesn't quite fit and Link;s edges look a little sharp.
Hard choice! Chilfo, your work was great too.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I'm so sorry I didn't enter! I was on vacation. :3 But wow! These are some pretty good entries!

Illusore - This looks pretty cool! But it's pretty bland too.

Chilfo Freeze - You have really improved a lot! I love this one!

Mandy - This looks really good! But the brightness of the render kind of buggs me. Otherwise it's very good!

My vote goes to Chili. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom