• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Ganondorf's Origin Revealed? Enter at Your Own Risk.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Yeah, that is interesting what you said there about having a replica to represent his embodiment of hatred. The trident of power springs to mind, he who wields it becomes the king of darkness or something. Although there is no trident but a dark master sword in this case, they both have a red gem in the centre. What is also interesting is the presence of Groose in the final battle, (he is definitely present) He possesses some Gerudo characteristics, red hair and yellow eyes, perhaps the hatred could manifest itself in him. I find this unlikely because he supposedly turns nice in the end jokingly saying how it should be called the adventures of Groose.

I've also noticed the Gerudo-ish similarities of Groose and still think he'll become the leader of that Tribe in the end. He and his followers will probably take refuge in the Lanayru Desert, their descendants coming to bear red hair and yellowish eyes as well, and later becoming an all-women group. Besides the "incarnation of a male," if I understand that bit of OoT's Ganon right. In any event, the "Demon Sword" could become the Trident of Power later on. I'd like to see the Trident wielded by Ganondorf in a 3D title.

I'm pretty sure I came up with the name Demon sword before you. I have used it on occasions where I have said how Ghirahim could become infused with the sword, with him being a demon and all. I doubt this is the case now;)

Seems we came up with it for the same reasons, so...Demon Swordtm of Ganonking.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
Huh... this is very interesting. Especially since I saw this quote from Four Swords Adventures earlier today when I was modifying my Zelda site.

"Ganon... This beast was once of the Gerudo... Once human. He was called Ganondorf! King of Darkness, ancient demon reborn. The wielder of the trident!!"

In the quote, it was referring to FSA Ganon, but calling him an ancient demon reborn... that is interesting.

Last edited:
I gotta say, while it is better than what 4chan suggested, I still kind of find it a bit... weak. Don't get me wrong, it make sense Ganon is partially a reincarnation of what is basically the Zelda-verse equivalent to Satan, but given what we already know of him, from him growing up as a boy who wanted power to save his people but became drunk with power to becoming a Complete Monster, making him evil before birth doesn't have that interesting of an effect as him becoming evil. Going from somewhat noble intentions, to a well intentioned extremist, to enjoying power and abusing it to being Clu 2 or Darkseid.

I honestly think this could work better if Twinrova was one of the demons, having started the Gerudo and raised Ganondorf, who is a descendent or still a reincarnation of Demise, to take his ancestor's place but went further than they hoped.

B

bunnyhood

Actually Ganon is a Gerudo (The only man in it) and a demon "king". He is called a "king" because he is the only Gerudo Male, and demon because he is after the triforce to destroy (or take over) Hyrule...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
from him growing up as a boy who wanted power to save his people but became drunk with power to becoming a Complete Monster, making him evil before birth doesn't have that interesting of an effect as him becoming evil. Going from somewhat noble intentions, to a well intentioned extremist, to enjoying power and abusing it to being Clu 2 or Darkseid.

Well he never actually mentions saving his people, only that they suffered and probably him with them When he saw Hyrule it was the land and the winds he coveted, rather than seeing the opportunity to help people. It probably drove him insane seeing people who were having easy lives in Hyrule and enjoying the lush green fields and cool winds. Finding out about the triforce just gave him motivation to act on his selfish desires possibly telling his people how he would find a better life for them to justify his deeds. Ganondorf was a psychopath anyway, he was not just content with stealing, he killed too and he enjoyed it. Him being a reincarnation of the source of all evil makes sense.

Ganon0075

Ganon, King of Douchness.
Intresting....
So this would help explain my theory of there being two Ganons. (In my opinion)
Both Ganons are Demise reborn.
That is pretty cool if you ask me.
My favorite villain just got cooler! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom