• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganondorf or Demise Puppet?

Calebmoore

Power Games Inc.
So I beat Skyward Sword about two months ago and something got me thinking. SPOILER. At the end cutscene Demise states that his wrath will live on. Now I don't know whether he comes back before Ocarina of Time but this really made me think. Could Ganondorf be the incarnation of Demise? If so does that ruin his rep? Ganondorf has always been big and all but to know hes nothing but a puppet for the Demon King Demise kind of makes the big BA seem like the small s***. I like Ganondorf and all but the question is why was Ganondorf really after the triforce in Ocarina of Time. Could it be that Demise made him do it or was he simple sick of a gerudo pirate type of life and wanted more?

I've been trying make sence of it and I've decided that just maybe sence Danondorf was the ruler of the gerudo than Demise had been searching for someone to take his place and either
1: Demise convinced Ganondorf to take the triforce to help his people but planned on stealing it from Ganondorf for god knows why Demise wants it.
2: Demise saw power and the ability to rule inside Ganondorf he took control of a vunerable geurdo king (only after Ganondorf put up a stuggle, keeping him looking like the bad a** but also making him the puppet)
or 3: Demise either never came back or came back before Ocarina of Time and Ganondorf took the triforce for his own reasons.
Then comes the question as to why if Ganondorf is a puppet he returns in Twilight Princess in search of the triforce. Unless that Ganondorf was a decendant in which he could be seeking revange or wants to finish what his father start. What do you guys think?

Ganondorf/Ganon doesn't seem like the type of character to be used as a "puppet" in any sense of the word. This is the first mention of Demise in the series canon - I get the feeling that a lot of people would be upset if Nintendo came out and said, "By the way, the bad guy from all of our other games is actually not the real bad guy."

I'm thinking Ganondorf/Ganon is a reincarnation of Demise. Perhaps he chose the gerudo form to be a little bit more subtle (you know, given that fire-hair and fish-scale torso may arouse some suspicions among your run-of-the-mill Hylian). Just as he was able to take the form of The Imprisoned, I think that Demise took the form of Ganondorf/Ganon to continue his struggle of obtaining the Triforce.

Calebmoore

Power Games Inc.
Thanks! That wasn't something I had concidered. But even so I feel that if there is a relationship such as reincarnation that Ganondorf wouldn't really be Ganondorf just Demise with a new back story. Some could consider him to be different but I can't think of an explanation leave Ganon his own tough guy and cool character while also being conected to Demise. This is unless Demise somehow was the true gerudo king forming the gerudos to search for the triforce and Ganon is a direct decendant wishing to either fulfill a relatives wish or trying to claim what could be the real treasure the gerudos wanted. So this leads to what is the ultimate purpose of the gerudos and why? Could only women be part of the group to make people think they couldn't possibly cause trouble and Ganondorf was king because of a direct relation? This can bring up another question as to why the gerudos formed and why only women are aloud.

Thanks! That wasn't something I had concidered. But even so I feel that if there is a relationship such as reincarnation that Ganondorf wouldn't really be Ganondorf just Demise with a new back story. Some could consider him to be different but I can't think of an explanation leave Ganon his own tough guy and cool character while also being conected to Demise. This is unless Demise somehow was the true gerudo king forming the gerudos to search for the triforce and Ganon is a direct decendant wishing to either fulfill a relatives wish or trying to claim what could be the real treasure the gerudos wanted. So this leads to what is the ultimate purpose of the gerudos and why? Could only women be part of the group to make people think they couldn't possibly cause trouble and Ganondorf was king because of a direct relation? This can bring up another question as to why the gerudos formed and why only women are aloud.

That's definitely an interesting theory. I kind of dig the idea of Demise forming the Gerudo tribe for the sake of protecting his new human identity while simultaneously searching for the Triforce. The only thing that throws me off a little bit is that there are good gerudo (Nabooru, for example). If the entire group existed for the sole purpose of furthering Demise's new form, it seems unlikely that there would be such variation in their personalities. Unless, of course, Nabooru is just some kind of birth defect among Gerudo. :lol:

Just something I'd like to point out: Demise's hair appears to originally be jet black, but becomes inflamed in battle, or something to that effect. :/

Some interesting theories here, and I'd like to share mine with you, too.^^

Me being a great fan of Ganondorf (if would defeat Link anytime if he really wanted, I'm sure of it!), I've thought about why Ganondorf does what he does in the games, and I quickly came up with the idea of some evil spirit corrupting him. Now Nintendo somehow affirmed that theory of mine, while at the same time they didn't.
What I mean with that is: They still leave open the question what exactly happens to Demise when SOMETHING is sealed in the Master Sword. Is it Demise himself who is sealed, is it only the spirit of evil he represents? if it is Demise himself or a spirit, then I think we could certainly say that from some point in Ocarina of Time and onwards, Ganondorf's actions are at least not completely his own anymore.
Though I think we can get a pretty clear idea of what exactly is left over when Link kills Demise, because he says so himself: It's his wrath, his anger, and therefore I don't think that Demise himself survives in any way, but only some very metaphysical...I would say being, but I don't think of it as a form of life, but rather as some kind of power or force that is way too above us to really understand, like an entity that excists in the same realm as what people like to call fate.
So with that said, I think that what Demise leaves behind is a counterpart to what Link and Zelda leave behind when they die. Something that inhabits the next hero and the next leader of the seven sages (or maidens, depending on the game). Therefore I would not say that Ganondorf is Demise in any way, but that he is Demise's successor, the one who got chosen (by fate, or at least the entity I discribed living in the same realm as fate) to carry on the wrath of the leader of demons and evil powers in the world of Zelda. Pretty much like the hero of time is the successor to the hero in Skyward Sword.

As for the Gerudos: I don't think of them as imperatively evil. They may have had some trouble with the kingdom of Hyrule at some point in the timeline, and therefore they have been banished to a life in the desert. Because of that, they didn't have any other choise than to become thieves. As for why there is only one male Gerudo every 100 years... I don't know. That may be some kind of course or spell casted on the tribe. To me, it's more interesting how the Gorons are able to have children at all.

Oh, and to answer the question why Ganondorf would want the Triforce: He is greedy and lusts for power, he wants to rule over everything in existence. He does not need any other reason than simply wanting something. That's why I like him so much.^^

Demise is dead, so Ganondorf could not be his puppet. Ganondorf is either a reincarnation of Demise, or he was influenced by Demise's evil spirit.

Nerion

Nerion Saiarion
^ Exactly! Demise is sealed away and dies/get's destroyed long before Ganondorf's time. And since Ganon is an evil thief who is obsessed with power, the hatred of Demise flows within his veins.

I think Demise is Ganon. There should come a game after SS with Demise coming back to life or something and if he dies there will be creating a new king (Ganon). The Legend is that the Demon King Demise ones was sealed away by the goddess with the help of an hero, if the Demon King ever will return he should destroy the World. If Link beats the Demon King, Ganon will be created.

Calebmoore

Power Games Inc.
Nabooru in my opinion could possibly be a gerudo who for reasons unknown hates ganon. And because of her hatred she helped link. but she doesnt hate the gerudos in general so maybe shes just jealous that Ganondorf was the one to take the triforce.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
The way I see it Ganondorf is his own person. I see Demise's Curse as corruption, because how do we know that he was instantly evil? I think that, over time, Ganondorf became corrupted and that is how Demise's Curse works. It just turns people towards evil.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ganondorf was born long after demises time and the residual conciousness of Demise decayed in the master sword(it says this in Hyrule Historia). This means that the conciousness of Demise is gone and Ganondorf's conciousness is his own and makes his own decisions. What I think happened is that the hatred of Demise somehow was reborn as Ganondorf. I like to think that Ganondorf was born to a Gerudo woman from Demise's hatred itself, kind of like how Anakin Skywalker was born with no father and was created by the force. Ganondorf in FSA was said to grow more and more evil with every passing day, and this is probably what happened in OOT, his greed and hate just intensify because of Demises curse, but he is still his own person, he's much more cocky and arrogant than demise, even making wisecracks at link. Demise was evil itself, the very first evil, everything else evil was born from it. With the destruction of Demise, Ganondorf became the new king of evil.

You know Sauron was once the servant of the dark lord Morgoth, and willingly served him with no treachery on his mind. He became the dark lord after Morgoth's destruction and he is still Badass. What does it matter if there was once something before that was just as evil? It still does not take away that the more recent(chronologically) villain is just as good, if not better than his predecessor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom