• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gamerankings Vs. Metacritic

Gamerankings vs. Metacritic

• Gamerankings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metacritic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Despite criticism regarding job loss if certain benchmarks are not met on aggregates like Metacritic and Gamerankings, I've always been a fan of locating comprehensive critical information quickly and easily.

Ultimately, Metacritic better serves my needs for a number of reasons. I prefer the layout and as a gamer feel it offers me more intel on a specific title than Gamerankings. Metacritic offers easy access to a game trailer, game description, critic reviews, user reviews, the side bar compares the scores of recent releases for a platform. Gamerankings, on the other hand, lacks these functions but provides a clearer understanding of a game's reception in terms of the big picture. It offers the game's annual rank for its platform, all time rank for its platform, multiplatform rank for the year, and all time multiplatform rank.

Another argument in favor of Gamerankings is its game exclusivity. Rather than focusing on multiple entertainment mediums, the site solely tracks one making compiling more efficient. I personally desire to have a slew of resources at my fingertips instantly, fermenting a bias towards Gamerankings, but for those of us who enjoy taking apart the details, Gamerankings is definitely the better choice.

Metacritic caters more to my needs but I acknowledge the opposing faction's views.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Honestly I think no ranking site is "accurate" (I hate that word so much, lol), but for the sake of looking at a more diverse range of reviews, I'd often pick Metacritic over Gamerankings. As ALIT said, Metacritic has a more suitable site layout, offers many resources at the click of a button, and you can see individual reviews all for what they are rather than just the top few critics' opinions. As an example, I'll use Ocarina of Time:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Nintendo 64 - GameRankings
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Nintendo 64 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More - Metacritic

Just look at how much more comprehensive Metacritic is! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom