• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread [GAME THREAD] JOAT (Jack of All Trades) Mafia - ENDGAME - MAFIA WINS

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I feel like there's a disconnect between your post and your explanation. Like that doesn't really tie me to Mint with the possibility she could be godfather. If you went further on that possibility, the conversation could be truthful while the ability is being faked which still doesn't tie us together.

Anyway, DW let's talk. Why were you gonna shoot Ex?
If Mint is town, you're probably town because that would be a weird thing to talk about in scum chat.

If Mint were scum, they probably wouldn't try to clear you by lying about what they heard if you were town.

I would like more details on this. While my spy results seem to indicate this is true and DW has admitted to shooting Min. Neither was stated at the time. I’m assuming that you don’t actually get names since I’m sure you would have announced the mafia one by now. Yet you were positive that DW shot Min. How?

Yet no one has claimed redirection. And Min clearly didn’t use her lightning rod since everyone else’s actions went Normal. Granted someone could be lying mafia, but currently if we assume there are no lies, you would be the liar.
I moved his targets to Minish. Since there was more than one death I could easily conclude that he shot and was therefore responsible for Minish, but couldn't be responsible for Rag. Which means mafs did not use ninja contrary to what you deduced they were talking about.

@Rubik, since we had two town deaths we now sit at LyLo for parity. So attempting to clear me is irrelevant if a scum!Mint is also framing DW in the same breath with the ninja line.

Shooting Ex seemed like a waste of resources. Plus there was the possibility he was mafs and the kill could be yanked out of their control. Plus there was the possibility Minish could be mafias. Plus I second guessed my desire to kill Rubik instead. A multitude of unimportant reasons. Ultimately I crunched numbers and decided I was personally fine heading into LyLo than mylo if it was a miss since DW was burning the hit anyway which would take it out of towns hands either way if we missed in a mylo situation.

Anyways here's where I'm at:

I don't feel like DW is mafs generally because of how the mechanics worked out. This means the only way they are mafs is if the kill is somehow immune to a redirect. That seems dumb from an interaction standpoint so I'm calling it possible but not high on the likely list. DW is off the table for me today.

That means two of Mint, OG, and Rubik are scum for me. I don't see a world where Rubik and Mint are paired. That means OG is securing red slot #2 in every scenario I play out. It also makes sense why OG is still alive despite displaying a voting power that could potentially easily overwhelm mafs in an endgame scenario.

With mint, if she's town her spy check makes sense if we consider OG as maf with the potential to easily overwhelm town in and endgame scenario. Jamie would be sacrificed for the voting trump card. This would also deep wolf Rubik for red checking him without Jamie being a lynch front runner to that point. The scenario makes perfect sense to me.

But flipping the pairs around and we have maf!mint laying the groundwork for a DW mislynch with the ninja assessment which could be a partial truth on their actual discussion without having to use an ability. This is also easily possible especially given Mint didn't even partial claim before this and the being on Jamie before the red check could easily be distancing.

Mint Elv

Fish!
don't feel like DW is mafs generally because of how the mechanics worked out. This means the only way they are mafs is if the kill is somehow immune to a redirect. That seems dumb from an interaction standpoint so I'm calling it possible but not high on the likely list. DW is off the table for me today.
No. If the other mafia submitted the kill then the kill would go through normally since it was DW you redirected.
But flipping the pairs around and we have maf!mint laying the groundwork for a DW mislynch with the ninja assessment which could be a partial truth on their actual discussion without having to use an ability. This is also easily possible especially given Mint didn't even partial claim before this and the being on Jamie before the red check could easily be distancin
Funny how you are leaving out part of what I said. They were concerned about a role.my assumption is tracker and that they used ninja on someone they thought looked clear. never did I say they said anything that implicates DW. You are trying to twist it into something else. It merely implicates that a ninja was used on Rag.

Shooting Ex seemed like a waste of resources. Plus there was the possibility he was mafs and the kill could be yanked out of their control. Plus there was the possibility Minish could be mafias. Plus I second guessed my desire to kill Rubik instead. A multitude of unimportant reasons. Ultimately I crunched numbers and decided I was personally fine heading into LyLo than mylo if it was a miss since DW was burning the hit anyway which would take it out of towns hands either way if we missed in a mylo situation.
I’ll give a pass on the resources thing because that might be a bigger BMg thing. But the rest just doesn’t make sense. I can’t see any benefit to the town to risk knocking us into my lo/lylo just because you felt the hit was a waste. And to use the redirect on her instead of trying to control the mafia hit since doesn’t make sense. It would have been better for her to burn the hit, or convince her to holster. And then after this phase judge the most likely mafia and eliminate them. I cannot see any town motivation to put us in this situation.

Mafia redirect could be a great counter to a lot of town roles, so I can see it being in their arsenal,and DW announcing she was shooting was a great two for one deal.

No. If the other mafia submitted the kill then the kill would go through normally since it was DW you redirected.

Funny how you are leaving out part of what I said. They were concerned about a role.my assumption is tracker and that they used ninja on someone they thought looked clear. never did I say they said anything that implicates DW. You are trying to twist it into something else. It merely implicates that a ninja was used on Rag.

I’ll give a pass on the resources thing because that might be a bigger BMg thing. But the rest just doesn’t make sense. I can’t see any benefit to the town to risk knocking us into my lo/lylo just because you felt the hit was a waste. And to use the redirect on her instead of trying to control the mafia hit since doesn’t make sense. It would have been better for her to burn the hit, or convince her to holster. And then after this phase judge the most likely mafia and eliminate them. I cannot see any town motivation to put us in this situation.

Mafia redirect could be a great counter to a lot of town roles, so I can see it being in their arsenal,and DW announcing she was shooting was a great two for one deal.
That was supposed to be mafs that did the kill, specifically referring to your idea that mafs Ninja'd.

I'm not leaving out anything. DW is claimed ninja. You don't have to call them out by name to implicate them when your implication is ninja did the kill.

We were already in mylo. I didn't knock us into anything drastic we weren't already in. You could argue that bumping us to LyLo reduces the ability to react to a failed mylo, but that's literally the resources argument I'm making. Taking the vig out of the equation before then isn't the pro town move. And doing so wasn't my call. I simply moved the target for a decision that was made by somebody else.

This part comes off extremely OMGUS considering your spy convo seems to exhonerate me. Perhaps I hit too close to home and now you're only considering part of what you said?

Mint Elv

Fish!
That was supposed to be mafs that did the kill, specifically referring to your idea that mafs Ninja'd.

I'm not leaving out anything. DW is claimed ninja. You don't have to call them out by name to implicate them when your implication is ninja did the kill.

We were already in mylo. I didn't knock us into anything drastic we weren't already in. You could argue that bumping us to LyLo reduces the ability to react to a failed mylo, but that's literally the resources argument I'm making. Taking the vig out of the equation before then isn't the pro town move. And doing so wasn't my call. I simply moved the target for a decision that was made by somebody else.

This part comes off extremely OMGUS considering your spy convo seems to exhonerate me. Perhaps I hit too close to home and now you're only considering part of what you said?
If OG is mafia then him and his teammate could vote first and easily win the vote wars.

At this point I’m trusting my spy results with a grain of salt. Jamie was mafia in a game with me recently where we had a dog in the game. To fight it we often talked about ourselves in ways to make it seem we were town and not mafia. I would not doubt if he did that here and pushed for his teammates to do the same.

You are conveniently the only one to actually be cleared by my spy results.

If OG is mafia they probably have conditions that need to be met before they just increase their vote. Otherwise they would just run the gauntlet every day and wouldn't need to sacrifice anybody.

It's convenient how you are taking your own ability with a grain of salt at this point. Nothing else about it is convenient. Nobody else should have a reason to take any of it into account when factoring in who they think is scum since your claim cannot be verified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom