• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GAME THREAD: Dark Souls Mafia

I mean, hypoclaiming is reasonable when done well as far as I'm aware

not 100% sure how that works with a hider instead of a sheriff but

@ DW

I've got not thoughts to offer on what is being discussed because it's whatever. You either give cover by saying you peeked someone or what have you or you don't.

I don't care about it. And if you think pushing such a strong response on me over my first post is going to change my mindset, hahahahahaha.

I mean, hypoclaiming is reasonable when done well as far as I'm aware

not 100% sure how that works with a hider instead of a sheriff but
Right, that's kind why I question Seanzie's scumread. It definitely seems like Isett brought up for discussion a reasonable scumhunting method, and asked everyone else to weigh in on how they think it'd work in this game, and people's weighing in on this could definitely serve as somewhat of a basis to read them on as well, which makes Seanzie's scumread on Isett strike me as weird because what Isett's post does strikes me as towny enough. I don't want to go after without an explanation of why its scummy though...

@ DW

I've got not thoughts to offer on what is being discussed because it's whatever. You either give cover by saying you peeked someone or what have you or you don't.

I don't care about it. And if you think pushing such a strong response on me over my first post is going to change my mindset, hahahahahaha.
...Okay, but.
Do you have some semblance of read on anyone or sonething then?
I think not giving a crap about my vote on you strikes me as not scummy but I'm gonna leave it there till I see something better or you start contributing to progressing the discussion in some manner.

We're two pages in and all you've discussed, in no particular depth that involves previous reads or the like, is opinions on whether or not putting legacy PR targets is good to do.

To answer your question: No.

Have fun locking in your vote on me because you're not going to see anything until something worthwhile comes up for me to speak on.

We're two pages in and all you've discussed, in no particular depth that involves previous reads or the like, is opinions on whether or not putting legacy PR targets is good to do.

To answer your question: No.

Have fun locking in your vote on me because you're not going to see anything until something worthwhile comes up for me to speak on.
I never said it was locked, I said I'd move it if I saw something better to push.

And not even some slight feeling one way or another? On anyone at all? I don't care if its weak af I just want something. Like, "this person gives off slight vibes that they're trying to get stuff done in a towny manner" or "this person made like one post that doesn't sit right with me".

how do I ISO on this site btw
Click the three "..."s at the top and select "Who Replied?", then pick the number by the person's name.

also I think we discussed before the game even was up what the optimal play was but it involved everyone sharing results and whenever hider died we'd have a few cleared people
I don't think we went into detail, but Mikey stated any setup with a cop needs a rolecop to prevent "mathmatical autowin by hypocopping" to explain Mafia's two PRs to I think Fext Which makes sense, unless the hider dies super early having their results by the time they do die will clear several people, same as a normal cop.

...Care to elaborate on why you think this?

Mostly just because I feel it in my bones, and go almost entirely by vibes in the early game.

Buttt..... if I had to say something more concrete, I'd point out that you seem to be giving them towny points for initating setup spec discussion, which IMO is NAI. However, they gave themselves an out to base their D1 reads just on how people reply to setup spec, and IMO that is a red flag since again setup spec is NAI (easy for wolves to do, especially since many people do setup spec before they get their rolecards), and it leaves them the ability to pick and choose who gave "good thoughts" and "bad thoughts" without really having to explain why those people are suspicious.

But now, they seem to propose a strategy... but they are completely missing the actual value of that strategy, so for someone who wants to talk setup, I don't feel like they've actually considered how different strategies could benefit town (in particular, they seem to think the strategy's benefit would be to generate chatter rather than y'know... clear people).

Finally, the first post is one of the most vulnerable as wolves. As town, there is no pressure so it is easy to make a first post, but as a wolf, the pressure is greatest then (and after the first post, it is easier for wolves to get into the swing of things), so wolves tend to make certain types of first posts, and this sort of "vaguely helpful while asking a question" type first post is >rand!wolf IMO.

how do I ISO on this site btw

Go to the page that lists all the mafia forums, look at the line for Dark Souls Mafia, there is a "Replies: 47" click on the number there, scroll down to who you want to ISO, and click on the number to the far right of their row.

Depending on where you're from, I'll warn you that it's uhh... not a great ISO system, but it is something.

Mostly just because I feel it in my bones, and go almost entirely by vibes in the early game.

Buttt..... if I had to say something more concrete, I'd point out that you seem to be giving them towny points for initating setup spec discussion, which IMO is NAI. However, they gave themselves an out to base their D1 reads just on how people reply to setup spec, and IMO that is a red flag since again setup spec is NAI (easy for wolves to do, especially since many people do setup spec before they get their rolecards), and it leaves them the ability to pick and choose who gave "good thoughts" and "bad thoughts" without really having to explain why those people are suspicious.

But now, they seem to propose a strategy... but they are completely missing the actual value of that strategy, so for someone who wants to talk setup, I don't feel like they've actually considered how different strategies could benefit town (in particular, they seem to think the strategy's benefit would be to generate chatter rather than y'know... clear people).

Finally, the first post is one of the most vulnerable as wolves. As town, there is no pressure so it is easy to make a first post, but as a wolf, the pressure is greatest then (and after the first post, it is easier for wolves to get into the swing of things), so wolves tend to make certain types of first posts, and this sort of "vaguely helpful while asking a question" type first post is >rand!wolf IMO.
This. Actually makes a lot of sense... I wasn't wolf leaning them in the slightest, but that does kinda line up with what I've seen from wolves in the past. The point about missing the point of the strategy in particular strikes me as a pretty decent wolf point against them.

Go to the page that lists all the mafia forums, look at the line for Dark Souls Mafia, there is a "Replies: 47" click on the number there, scroll down to who you want to ISO, and click on the number to the far right of their row.

Depending on where you're from, I'll warn you that it's uhh... not a great ISO system, but it is something.
No it objectively sucks for ISOing even if its what you've used in every game since you started.

Reads again.
Seanzie is a town lean. I like his post about his read on Isett, it seems solid and well thought out enough for me to sheep.

KoD is also a town lean for not caring about the pressure vote I made on him to start doing things. He's still not doing things though which is annoying so I'm gonna keep voting him for a bit though I might switch to Isett depending on their posts when they come back.

Eli is ISOing people in theory so I'll read them when that occurs.

Ex is still null.

Feeling more null on Killjoy now that things are going and there are comparatively stronger reads to make but I guess my slight townread from before stands.

Kreaal's switch from "we should not do this till later" to "let's do this now" so quickly is weird but in a way that I feel is towny? Like I don't feel like I'd expect a wolf to flipflop like that without waiting for someone else to respond precisely because it would obviously look weird and because they'd most likely plan that flipflop out which that sequence of posts, especially with the read tossed in, doesn't strike me as being.

Fext's couple of posts aren't a lot but gut feeling says town.

Isett is scummy because I am sheeping Seanzie's good read on them.

I said what I said. There's a reason I mentioned how many pages we're in or what is currently being talked about with no in depth analysis to back it up.

Rather than forcibly making up anything, even something weak, I'd rather see more concrete discussion driven by interactions and opinions on interactions vs making something up.

If anything it is detrimental to some town to make something up and try to push it *just because*. You're not going to solve the game off of it D1.

Also, what is this DW?

This. Actually makes a lot of sense... I wasn't wolf leaning them in the slightest, but that does kinda line up with what I've seen from wolves in the past. The point about missing the point of the strategy in particular strikes me as a pretty decent wolf point against them.

Like, what is going on here? Because YOU made it a point to purposefully push for something -- anything -- for the sake of discussion. No matter how small. Isett brought up a discussion point. NAI or not, it's a discussion point that gives you something to talk about as has been seen already with some people chiming in.

Seanzie's whole "vibe" thing to start it off is already a nonstarter for actual solving wrt to Isett. The bulk of Seanzie's post going into more "concrete" stuff is another matter entirely since, by Seanzie's words, Isett's whole discussion setup is NAI -- something that while scum can do town can also do (especially if you're looking to talk about anything D1 which hey, you were). So it is questionable to me that Seanzie would start with a bad vibe followed by a "concrete" observation of a NAI point regarding Isett's NAI action. Strictly speaking, you're going to get opinions on people both good and bad, and on a topic that is NAI in the first point, well what else would you expect? But overall it's discussion that it generates which is what you wanted.

So already both you and Seanzie are coming off weird to me.

You for the complete 180 simply because Seanzie had a "vibe" that gets "concretely" rooted in a NAI point, and Seanzie for pushing said vibe on a NAI point.

Like, is that what you, in particular DW, were looking for when it came to *anything* that someone felt? Even something as flimsy as a vibe like Seanzie talked about?

Because all I see from Seanzie is entirely speculation with no concrete founding in it due to the entire focus being rooted in something that is, as Seanzie contended, is NAI in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom