• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GAME THREAD: Dark Souls Mafia

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
for slow wagons like this one scum typically prefers to cast a vote and then lurk in my experience and so i'd look for scum on anyone that cast a vote in the latter half of the day and who hasn't been actively involved in driving discussion

Vote: DawningWinds

not going to sit still and be wagoned by scum that doesn't even come with a decent explanation

this post pinged me. Coming from exlight specifically it also reads as a little bit too dramatic given the context. Ex is the kind of player who can get legitimately worked up but he's also the kind of player who seems to like inserting artificial emotion into his deliveries as scum, which I'm sensing a bit of here.

Vote: Exlight

I'll hypoclaim my hider target as KoD and choose exlight in the event that KoD is lynched today.

KoD has irrationally high staying power for someone who is so annoying and seemingly universally reviled, and I frequently see him living to the end of the game. This makes him an ideal target for an investigative role in my eyes.

You keep saying things like this but I don't find them to be true. The hider has three ways to die each night, only one of which outs a wolf and only if the hider truthfully hypoclaims before targeting them. The other two methods lead to a dead hider and no out wolves. Given that added to the role cop, lynches, and wills unwittingly clearing people it becomes unlikely the hider will live to out wolves via clearing the rest of the board. It is the best utilization of towns only power role but guarantees us nothing.

And now for something completely different.

Vote: Kreaal

As I alluded to before, wills provide an extra measure of Mafia clearing hiders. Unlike pre targets which can be lied about and then spoken to after the fact, the will is intended to be a living testament after your death. This means it has more solidity for Mafia than pre targets and allows them to eliminate anybody who claims a Mafia target as not the hider, since the hider won't be lying about their will. Since Kreaal's legacy today is basically pushing the **** out of wills and "being wild", that's a good place to start from my perspective.

IMO, our best tactic moving forward is to skip wills. The hider should truthfully pre hypoclaim. The rest of town should mix up "truthful" pre claims with "lies", admitting as such only. The point of hypo claiming is providing cover for the hider to do their thing as long as possible. Any action that runs counter to that shouldn't be involved in said cover.

Finally, if I'm the hider behind seanzie tonight.
What

If you claim "I'ma visit X" then "N1: X" is now your will

you can't be pro-pre-hypoclaiming and anti-wills

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Assuming a VT is lynched today there will be a ~35% chance that the hider will die tonight. The odds of the person the hider claimed as having targeted being scum will be ~60%.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I took it to mean a post target. "I will target" vs "Last night I targeted".
yea I got this feeling too but he said his target for tonight right? so that kinda makes no sense unless he expects people to change their claims which is like god no since it defeats the whole purpose

he might be using will here as what some sites use as legacy which is like when people leave updates readlists for when they think they'll die so people go after the ones they want

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom