• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Funky Fonts Are Funky

So, yeah I do realize I have now made two topics in one night... in the same board, but I honestly don't care, and I give props to Random Person for this thread idea.

We were talking in the chat and realized when he kinda randomly (go figure) asked me what font I was using... I perfer the fixedsys font in the chat. However when I write papers or get to do projects/ graphics work I choose other fonts....

My favorite font for signing my name is "Ally Cats" Which is actually the font that is in my avatar and signature currently. I just love the bounciness of the font and its made itself known with my "jocreations" stamp I have on all my created wallpapers.

So I turn it over to you ZD, what are some of your favorite fonts to use, and why do you like that font?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
My favorite font is Comic San because I love to read comics and it has the word comic in it. The font also looks like it belongs in a comic book so it's fun to use. My next fave is Times New Romans because it's a classic. The next get a little complicated so I'll end there.

Gil sans is my favorite font ever. I use it whenever possible. It's pretty (okay okay, design nerd going away).

Unless I'm doing a website, then my standard is verdana. It's so tiny and clean.

For essays and the like, I almost always use Century. It's just a nice, clean font, and it looks good. For anything else? I'm particularly drawn to Monotype Corsiva and Vivaldi. Pristina is cool, too.

Oh, yes... the Font Queen is very pleased with you for this thread, Baysiderz. ^^
So... obviously, since I am the Font Queen, I have quite a bit of favorites. My fonts always fall into two categories: Boring Fonts (the typical serif and sans serif fonts for school papers and stuff), and Fun Fonts (the crazy fonts that may be a bit unreadable and are usually the free fonts).

So... my current most-used and/or favorite fonts are, as follows:

Boring Fonts:

• Arial Unicode MS - You can view it here.
  • Calibri - You can view it here.
  • Cambria - You can view it here.
  • Tahoma - You can view it here.
  • Trebuchet MS - You can view it here.
  • Verdana - You can view it here.

Fun Fonts:

• HansHand - You can view it here.
  • Hobo - You can view it here.
  • Immortal - You can view it here.
  • Journal - You can view it here.
  • Magneto - You can view it here.
  • Sherwood - You can view it here.
  • Turbayne Running Hand - You can view it here.
  • Ugly Face - You can view it here.

Also, if I am coding something using notepad, I like my font to be set as Courier New. There are so many that I would like to mention as well, such as Poor Richard, Occidental, Ravenna, and others, but I don't think listing a thousand-some long list of fonts is really called for. :P
As for my reasons... Well, let's just say that I am a creative Font Queen and these just appeal to me. ^^

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom