• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Fun Fun Island...

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ravenhinamori

Does anyone have any suggestions for the fun fun island minigame? It's probably the hardest minigame I've played in any video game (including non zelda titles).

LBillyG

27 Different Things.
Harder than the mine cart? Hehe.

When I did it, I found the blue/pink space to be at the opposite side of where you see it when you go through the last ring, by the time you land. Maybe a bit further. So if it's at the south part when you go through the last ring, try heading to the northwest corner and make sure you can time it a bit ahead. Sometimes you'll think that because you're an inch away and it's right under you, you'll land on it, but it goes by a bit too quick and you land on the gray.

I don't know how to explain it better. Some might consider it luck.

R

ravenhinamori

I've tried that a bit, but I've only made it through all 5 rings twice in about 25 plays.

LBillyG

27 Different Things.
Really? I found that part to be pretty easy. I stayed in the outer part instead of heading directly between the balls, in order to avoid contact, but made sure the outer part I was in was also the part the ring was in. Then I simply just rushed over a bit and headed through them. It might be complex if you feel that your remote is acting awkward. It's kind of hard to picture all of this since videos can't really explain it. It's all in the way you move the remote.

R

ravenhinamori

I guess I'm just not used to the motion controls for the skydiving yet. Come to think of it the only time through (MILD SPOILER ALERT) the first battle with the imprisoned that it's use is really required is after the wing ceremony. Thanks for all your help, though.

G

gydders

After a few tries I rarely missed the rings anymore, but it took me 30+ tries to finally land on the 50 rupee spot. Ironically I hit it twice in my first few attempts, while missing rings...
In my own case success was pure luck, for the landing part anyway.

This one took me a while too. I had the skydiving part down after several tries but it was many more plays before I timed the landing on the 50 Rupee spot. The skydiving is skill and it is best to stay as centered as possible on your decent. The more you move away from the center to avoid those balls the harder it is to get back into position. I would also try to avoid going in between the balls to because it is easier to get hit. I think the the landing is part luck. If you see the 50 Rupee spot in or around the 3-12 position after you have passed the last ring you have a much better chance of landing it. If you see it in this position I would go towards the bottom around the six to four position and tilt right in the direction of the platforms spin which should slow the counterclockwise motion of the platform enough to increase your chances of landing the sweet spot. I hit the Rupor spots a bunch of times but eventually probability won out and I hit the spot. That's at least how I succeeded in this mini game.

You guys cold try with skydiving in wii sport resort, it works almost the same and that little training really did the thing for me.

DJY

I must have tried this 40 times.... I can't get it either. I found it helps to hold the controller "artist stlye" for you WarioWare fans. It helps you when it comes to the falling, but landing on that damned section is impossible for me....

I found when you go through the last ring if you keep the wii remote flat and head over to the direction were the 50 rupee spot was when you past through the last ring and you should get it.

Ok, I have a little hint for you guys:

When u've got all the rings (the great ring will turn a little slower that way), the 50-roopie thingy will be almost down in the end. Try a few times, and ya'll probably have the 50 rupees easily.

This only works if you make it through all the rings without hitting any balls. When you pass the last ring, look where the 50 rupee space is. Pretend it is the 12 on a clock, wherever it is. Try to aim at where the 9 would be on a clock. The idea is that if you make it through the rings without hitting anything, the 50 rupee space will rotate about 270 degrees by the time you hit. Obviously there will have to be adjustments if you have to tilt the wiimote violently and, in doing so, drastically increase Link's speed, but for the most part this works. Give it a shot and see where the 50 rupee space is when you land. If you miss it at first you can see how you need to adjust and correct, but based on where it is when you pass the last ring, assuming you've made it through them all without hitting anything, that is about where the 50 rupee space should be.

Ok, I have a little hint for you guys:

When u've got all the rings (the great ring will turn a little slower that way), the 50-roopie thingy will be almost down in the end. Try a few times, and ya'll probably have the 50 rupees easily.

Eh no. As it's random, you can't necessarily just head "down in the end." This may have happened to work for you but if it were that simple, people could just say "make it through all the rings and aim in the bottom left half of the ring," or whatever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom