• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Frozen: Time to let it go?

Well, Frozen 2 is coming out... I really liked the first movie until i saw it plastered everywhere and couldnt escape it... and then my girlfriend had 'Let it go' as her morning alarm!!

Has the Frozen hype gone too far or do you want to build another snowman?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Frozen hype wasn't just conjured up, it got hyped up because people enjoyed it, a lot. Disney weren't some puppet masters that fooled everyone into enjoying it and therefore having it plastered everywhere, they just took advantage of it, just like any business would.

So no, it's definitely not time to let it go, we've not even had the second movie yet. Until we see how that does, this discussion seems extremely premature.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I haven't even seen frozen yet so its not time to let it go. I haven't had my chance to be a part of the hype.

Djinn

and Tonic
It has not quite gotten to the point where I cannot stand the sight of it yet. Lots of other things have gotten there for me in the past. But considering how much it made Disney it is no surprise that they will attempt to milk it for as much as possible.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I liked the movie but I fail to see why people call it one of the best movies of all time. I think that's so extremely exaggerating. And to make Frozen 2 already so shortly after the first one sounds like milking it.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Disney's milking it for all they can, and I don't blame them. It's ridiculously popular. Even though it's not the first Disney movie to do what it did. I haven't seen the whole movie so I can't really speak of how good it is or not, but it is a little annoying to see it everywhere.

I've never seen the film, but I found the making of the film, and the work that went into it, to be quite intriguing. I think I'll hold off my judgment until I've actually seen the film(s), however.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I suggest acknowledging the film is overrated while simultaneously conceding its excellence. That's what I had to for Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Option Two: Let it go, let it go, don't hold yourself back anymore, let it go, let it go, let it go and don't face the storm, you shouldn't care, what they're going to say, let the ****-fest rage on, those people don't bother me anyway....

Apologizes, but I had to be the first person to say this.

I love Frozen, but I do agree it's all over the place. This isn't the only Disney movie to do this, by the way. I remember the Lion King being everywhere ever since it became a hit back in the day. Frozen's pretty much a modern day Lion King to me.

As for me getting sick of seeing Frozen everywhere I go, not really. Again, I love the movie, so seeing it everywhere doesn't really bother me all that much. Now if there's one Disney franchise I'm sick of seeing, it is Cars. That mediocre movie franchise doesn't deserve to be a cash cow to Disney despite better Pixar movies like the Incredibles being put in a corner to gather dust.

I'm not looking forward to Frozen 2, but I hope at least it'll be just as good, if not better, than the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom