• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Friendship

Someone you have fun with, and generally things in common with. I've been best friends with my best friend for at minimum 22 years now. It's just always been so easy to be friends with him, and we kind of compliment each other.

I have another group of friends who I used to hang out with almost every weekend for a few years after high school, but I barely see them now. I think a lot of us just aren't mentally in the same spot anymore, and we don't have as many things in common. As you get older its harder to have friends IMO, since peoples opinions become much stronger, and more set in stone. I think some of us started growing a bit apart when things like politics or morals came into play. That and I'm now married with a kid and none of my friends seem to ever have serious girlfriends often, much less kids. I still occasionally see them or talk to them but it will probably never be like it used to. It's kind of sad but kind of a fact of life.

One of my favorite lines from my favorite band about friends, is that a lot of them we will probably lose :
Break it off
This searching for what we may never find
And that says it all.
I hope that we will make it through..

The heartbreak that comes with just living through one day
All the good times that past and all the friends we lose in a lifetime on our way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom