• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Forest Temple in TP

I've been wracking my brain over the Forest temple from tp.
I can't seem to make sense of it. We know it can't be the deku tree because kokiri forest is farther east. So heres a couple of questions that maybe we could brainstorm on together:
Why is it there?
Who built it?
It's most likely to have been a place for worship so who worshiped there and why?
Those are some questions I can think of at the moment but I may add things later. What are your thoughts?
A couple other questions I thought of;
If this is indeed the great deku tree then what connection does the fairy of the winds have to the kokori?
What do the totem poles mean? (Thats not really the culture of the Kokori to make totem poles)
Could there be more then one boomerang? seeing as the temples, worshipers would have to use it to get around.
Where did the inhabitants go?

Last edited:

RHhylian

Guru-Guru's strange son
Well, I don't know, but is the forest temple of TP not just the forest temple of OOT. In OOT, the temple lies in the sacred forest meadow, and that's a while away of the Kokiri Forest. The Sacred Forest Meadow lies at the end of the Lost Woods while in TP it lies also near an area like the lost woods. I think that Kokiri Forest transformed into Ordon Village later. The Kokiri (who evolved into the monkeys, by the way) went to the forest temple and made it their home when humans/hylians came to the Kokiri Forest. I think that the monkey with the rose (who's been in the cage with Talo in the beginning of TP and 'stole' your lantern) is Saria. In OOT they said that the Kokiri harshly could die, so its possible. And another thing: the symbol of the Kokiri is on the doors in the TP forest temple.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I'm not actually sure, I never really thought about this before. It's definitely not the Deku Tree. But where it is situated kind of gives me the feeling that is was built a long time ago by people who lived there. So, I think possibly it could have been for them to worship someone or something along those lines. But then again, reading the above reply makes me think differently. Interesting, I will think about this.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'm not sure if this helps, but there's tiled flooring covered in moss/grass in the area where the bridge is, where the path splits between the forest temple and the path to the ToT. iirc, it looks the same as tiles inside the forest temple (or it could have been the ToT, forgot which one). So the TP forest temple may have been constructed near the ruins of a previous building of the same purpose/design.

Goron Link

Keep on Roll'n
I do belive that the monkeys are the kokori and the one with the flower is saria

The Forest Temple was a home for the monkeys then when the monsters came they locked the moneys in cages.

I do belive that the monkeys are the kokori and the one with the flower is saria

The Forest Temple was a home for the monkeys then when the monsters came they locked the moneys in cages.

Thats quite alot of evolution there. Arent those little guys from Forest haven in the WW also supposed to be the Kokiri. I am so confused?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I mostly don't question anything timeline related in Zelda games, mainly because the developers don't really rely on previous games stories to go together well. Things like how Hyrule is different in every game, it just doesn't really fit together. :)

C

Caleb, Of Asui

It might be worth something that there's also a dungeon in Ocarina of Time called the Forest Temple, but it's definitely very different with its halls and everything whereas the Forest Temple in Twilight Princess is a lot more foresty. It's a bit like some sections of the Lost Woods near Ocarina of Time's Forest Temple, though, and there really wasn't a proper "Lost Woods" anywhere in Twilight Princess, so maybe there's something with that.

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
I think it is there to be there. I mean after all it has no history that anyone knows of. So maybe it is a monkey house. I only say that because there are a ton of monkeys in the TP forest temple. But I could be wrong. XD

A

An Hero of Time

It was most likely built by the Kokiri.

The Kokiri emblem is on all of the Temple's doors. On top of that, the temple itself looks poorly built - almost as if it's architecture was hastily build together by a bunch ochildren.

It also shares a lot of similarities to WW's Forbidden Woods in terms of function and design as well.

A couple other questions I thought of;
If this is indeed the great deku tree then what connection does the fairy of the winds have to the kokori?
What do the totem poles mean? (Thats not really the culture of the Kokori to make totem poles)
Could there be more then one boomerang? seeing as the temples, worshipers would have to use it to get around.
Where did the inhabitants go?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom