• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Force Gem #20 - Bringing Dark Ore to Linebeck

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Hey guys, I got an e-mail based off the guide I've written for the game and it relates to this Force Gem. In my guide I wrote that you get the Dark Ore from the mine, travel eastward into a cave where a Rocktite and numerous Tektite can be found. After that, you have to go through two warp gates in order to finally reach Linebeck.

However, the person who sent the e-mail said that BEFORE you even get the Dark Ore, you can go through that cave east of the Dark Ore Mine and defeat the Rocktite. (You have to actually defeat the Rocktite, not just make it to the end of the cave). If you defeat the Rocktite, then you can actually carry the Dark Ore through this cave without having to worry about that rather difficult Rocktite.

I had no idea this was possible and didn't even try it. I just assumed you had to fight off the Rocktite while carrying the dark ore. This makes this Force Gem a heck of a lot easier. I just wanted to somebody to confirm so that the guide is actually accurate.

(Without this hint though... it was REALLY HARD to make it through this darn cave. Since if you lost more than 1 unit of Dark Ore, you wouldn't have enough Dark Ore by the time you made it to Linebeck at the Trading Posting).

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
No, the Rocktite will always be in the cave until you deliver 5+ ore to Linebeck III at least once. After that it will no longer reside in the cave.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Actually, I was able to defeat the Rocktite before and it wasn't there when I brought the dark ore through. So yeah, that's possible.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I killed the Rocktite first and delivered the ore without fighting him again. All three Rocktites in the game will stay dead after you kill them.

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
I went through the cave to the east of the mine, & after i defeated that REALLY annoying Rocktite, it didn't appear anymore. I think i only got 3+ pieces of Dark Ore through that time. After that, it took two warp gates to get to the Trading Post. You get treasures after the first time, i got a Regal Ring from him the second time i delivered Dark Ore. How's that? The only time i've seen Linebeck being kind towards Link lol.

D

dug428

It is true! I got so frustratedagainst this Force Gem! I Love Zelda dungeon for the tip on the rocktite and the 2nd warpgate ( I made with 4 when I only used 1)

C

chuchu

I cant seem to do this bit I am finding really difficult beating this rocktite. how do you know if you've beaten him and not just exited the tunnel? Also any tips on how to actually defeat him? Please help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom