• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time First Playthrough

It was 11 years ago when I started OoT. I was really stuck when I became adult Link and had to get the Hookshot.
I knew I couldn't enter the Forest Temple yet and that I had to go to Kakariko Village first. I just had no clue what I was supposed to do there. I don't know if there were any walkthroughs of the game back then... But I was 7 years old, back then I didn't think about that:P
Later my cousin showed me what to do. After that I figured everything on my own:)

Last edited:
Not sure exactly, but it wasn't too long. I never owned an N64 so I didn't play through all of Ocarina of Time until I got the OoT/MQ disc released with Wind Waker, so I had a lot of Zelda experience already, plus I had seen and played parts of the game before.

Well, my first playthrough took me weeks...and that was with a walkthrough. Granted, I had a summer essay I had to work on, and I had to borrow the game from my brother (it was his, so I did have to share). So, that's part of why it took me so long.

My first playthrough of OoT took me about a week of 8 hour days. So about 56 hours total. I got stuck on Jabu Jabu's Belly for a long time.

R

Rachmeister91

My first playthrough I didn't ever finish, I got to the water temple and gave up, it was too hard for me to work it out.

So I didn't actually complete it until last week (that took me a few days I would've played all day if I had a chance) when I had saved enough for a 3DS (I nearly cried in joy). Though I am considering buying a N64 second hand just so I can replay it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first play through i beat the game in 5 week 6 hour days so, about 30 hours. On the water temple i used a walkthrough (Zelda dungeon actually! thats how I got here)

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
I first played Ocarina of Time when I was about five or six, and I didn't beat it. After several attempts over the years to beat the game being thwarted by the destruction of a couple of N64s, or a cat losing my save file, I finally beat the game on the 3DS, from start to finish, in about a week and a half. I'm not exactly sure the hours, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom