• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First Game You Ever Played

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
What was the very first game you ever played? What system was it on and how old were you?

Describe the game that started your entire gaming career!!!!

ich Will

Not very nearfetch'd
Might have been the first Sonic game, or the built-in Alex the Kidd game, for which I assume was the first Sega console. I was around three.

Djinn

and Tonic
I'm not entirely sure if it counts but this thing a friend of mine had. I ended up getting one of my own much later on.

mariowatch02.jpg

Ty.

Ok, but dogs CAN look up!
I think mine was probably Blades of Steel.
How very Canadian of me, I know.

But man, that was probably the best hockey game up until NHL 98. Maybe.

But the one that really hooked me was Contra 3, I think. That was the game were I was like, yeah. I'm a gamer and always will be.
I'm not big into old school games these days, but Contra 3 is always one I can go back to. I don't think it's just nostalgia glasses either. I think that game is actually just amazing. It's a great game.

What's yours, dude?

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
My first game was Ape Escape, but what really got me into gaming was Oblivion and Fable. Those were the first two games that I sat down and played for days on end.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I think mine was probably Blades of Steel.
How very Canadian of me, I know.

But man, that was probably the best hockey game up until NHL 98. Maybe.

But the one that really hooked me was Contra 3, I think. That was the game were I was like, yeah. I'm a gamer and always will be.
I'm not big into old school games these days, but Contra 3 is always one I can go back to. I don't think it's just nostalgia glasses either. I think that game is actually just amazing. It's a great game.

What's yours, dude?

Mine was Sonic Adventure or Evolution The World of Sacred Device for the Dreamcast. Which was also my very first system! I got it when they first came out because my dad worked at a Best Buy so he got a discount. Played it nonstop then and it still works today! Although I lost some of my games. :(

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I think that it may have been Call of Duty 2: Big Red One. That was at least one of the first games I played. It could have also possibly been Wind Waker, but I'm fairly certain I remember unwrapping the GameCube along with CoD.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh boy.... for this I need to go back decades back and I mean decades. The very first game I played was either Air Hockey or Pong at my uncle's house back in the late seventies. I don't remember much of it only that I had to move the controller and my brother pressed a button to start the game again every time.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Tetris maybe? Or a Mickey Mouse adventure game. I remember starting to game at the age of 5.... so SNES games made around 1995 are the best bet.

Ty.

Ok, but dogs CAN look up!
Mine was Sonic Adventure or Evolution The World of Sacred Device for the Dreamcast. Which was also my very first system! I got it when they first came out because my dad worked at a Best Buy so he got a discount. Played it nonstop then and it still works today! Although I lost some of my games. :(

Oh, I love the dreamcast. I played some of my all time favourite games there. (SA 1/2, RE: Code Veronica, Soul Reaver, etc)
Sonic Adventure was awesome. SA2 had the Chao garden though. Well, the better Chao garden anyway.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
If we're talking first game ever, I'm not sure which game in specific. My older sisters had bought an Amstrad
Amstrad_CPC464.jpg

and a couple of games for it like Ghost Busters, a sports game, a detective game and some smaller ones like Hangman and the like. I remember sitting patiently in front of the screen waiting for about half an hour for the game to load, and for the sports game I sincerely hoped I had inserted the correct tape and side for the specific events I wanted to play, lol.

If we're talking console, then it was the original Super Mario Bros on the NES, which I had bought together with one of my sisters. We used to compete on who could make it the furthest without warping and without losing a life. She managed on more level than me, which was kind of agravating, but then again she's 7 years older than me, lol, and now I would beat her in pretty much any game :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom