• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Finally Got Around to Completing the Game And...

I thought this game was really great as I do for all Zelda's. This game did not make it to the top slot though. It came in a close 2nd. I really enjoyed the storyline and the emotional ties that were put into it.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
It seems I'm going to be the odd man out here, but I for one was not that impressed with the ending. The scene where Zelda goes to sleep, okay, that made me want to cry. But the ending did not feel as special. The thing is, Fi was not a very emotional character until the end of the game, so the emotion she was trying to let out felt very forced. Nintendo could've found a way to make the ending emotionally appealing while still keeping Fi in character. (because I'm all knowing in the ways of storytelling [/sarrcasm]) I felt more emotion when the other Zelda sidekicks left, even Tatl whom I hated, because they all stuck to character. It was also because they were more integrated into the story, unlike Fi who sits as "just a sidekick" one of which we haven't had since Navi, but even Navi had more Personality. Don't get me wrong. I liked Fi. As annoying as she was, she was my sword-girl thingy and I didn't want her to go away. But I would've felt more emotion if she had stuck to character. I would've been happy had she been given emotions before the very end, or had no emotions until the very end.

The rest of the ending outside the Fi scene was... meh... okay at best. It didn't really bring out anything in me EXCEPT Groose's comment about about the name of the adventure.

I feel like I owe SS game an apology because I'm always speaking negative about it, but it really isn't that bad. Still, I don't think its anywhere near one of the best.

Last edited:
R

Red Lion

It seems Nintendo are focusing more and more on the storyline of the Zelda games (OoT, WW, TP, SS) and I can't wait to see what the Zelda games have in store. The complexity of the mythology, the intensity of the relationships, and the improved character development are being done very well and it ultimately results in superior games each time... (If the story plays a role in how you rate your games).

Skyward Sword is definitely the most emotional, touching game I've ever played. I felt like i was Link, i was experiencing his emotions. This was the first game where i felt like I just HAD to complete the game, not that I wasn't going to to begin with, to save Zelda. I love Skyward Sword, it's my new favorite game in the franchise!

Right back at ya. Skyward Sword had more emotion than any other zelda I've played. It started with Majora's Mask, then had a little more in the toon zeldas thanks to facial expressions, and then nailed it in this game.

This is exactly how I felt. I even copied my file to another slot so I could beat it and have hero mode as well as my original file. I<3 Loz SS for soo many reasons. :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
All 3D Zeldas have been a meaningful experience for me. SS was no exception, however I personally spoiled the game for myself (something I have never done before with zelda, nor something I shall be doing again) and it had a slightly lesser impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom