• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Finally Beat Zelda II

I

I am Error

So, last night I finally beat this unforgiving game from hell. I have to say, other than the EXTREME amount of grinding, it was fairly enjoyable. The lives system I felt was completely out of place, but manageable. I think the game has gotten a real bad reputation and it doesn't 100% deserve it.

So, who else beat it lately?

Beat it a few times lately, so now I'm trying to get all the items and the grinding done first, and then going back and finishing off the palaces. It's a lot more work, but I think it'll ultimately be easier. :D

I

I am Error

Yeah, I got through the 3rd palace and just decided to do some massive grinding to make the later levels easier. It's worth it in the end, but man it was boring.

H

Heroofwolves

I just beat this game this afternoon, actually. IT also took me alot of grinding. I'm so glad to have finished it, it took me alot of patience and concentration.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

I am Error

This game is easily the hardest Zelda to date. Not to mention the most tedious one as well, with second place being a three way tie of Link's Awakening/Oracle series. I mean, switching out your items every other screen really grated on my nerves, but I loved those three games dearly.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I level grind at Death Mountain after beating the first palace. Usually I'll go up to 7 in life and 6 in attack & magic, so there are only 5 more levels to get which will be gotten after beating each of the 5 remaining palaces.

I

I am Error

I level grind at Death Mountain after beating the first palace. Usually I'll go up to 7 in life and 6 in attack & magic, so there are only 5 more levels to get which will be gotten after beating each of the 5 remaining palaces.

I pretty much just leveled up in each palace, and then got a freebie level up when I beat it. But the best place for xp is, in my opinion, the forest next to the sixth palace. It's easy to max out there if you aren't already.

I

I am Error

I've been trying to beat it, but for some reason the first boss, is it HorseHead?, keeps killing me. I've dedicated my gaming life to beating this, but sadly I normally lose lives because of the Iron Knuckles that are along the path.

Yeah, the first palace is the hardest simply because you're so underpowered and enemies don't give you a lot of xp. If you can beat it, you can beat the game. I suggest massive grinding in the woods to beef up as much as you can. Other than that, I'd suggest patience.

I finished it for the first time in February, and it was torture at the end. The Great Palace was so difficult that I had to run it about 12 times before I finally killed the final boss. I got to the point that I could get to the end with all my lives, most of my health, and all of my magic, and I would still die from the final boss. Finishing that game is the crowning jewel of my gaming life, my proudest achievement. :)

H

Hëradïn

I'm still working on the hidden palace, I'll get there eventually.

I've beat it once. I did a lot of grinding before the first palace and leveled up a bunch though. It is a pretty hard game, but not the hardest game out there. There are soe pretty unforgiving parts though. Also, I cheated when I fought Dark Link, but I plan to beat him the right way one day.

I am glad that if you get a game over in the final palace, at least it lets you start back at the beginning of that palace though.

I just beat it for the first time today and I started the file yesterday morning. For a few years now I've been starting up files every now and then and never got further than Horsehead. Finally I decided it was time and I sat down and ground it out. I enjoyed the game a whole lot more than I expected I would. The difficulty was what deterred me for so long from beating it, but in the end it actually added to my enjoyment of the game. So much downward thrusting. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom