• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fierce Deity Link Origin Theory.

oracleofcanada

never give in brohams!
Majoras Mask has got to be one of my favorite games of all time and the one thing that always boggled my mind was the origin of fierce deity link, now the child that wears the Majoras Mask calls Fierce Deity the bad guy and that he wants to play good guys and bad guys and thats all the info we really get.

(other than the manga, but they are NOT cannon so the info from them is iffy.)

oracleofcanada

never give in brohams!
but i still think its cool for people to try and pull info from the one line they give you but yes i know nintendo never came up with a back story, but if i get enough replies ill try to put a story together out of everybody's theories so tell your freinds:)

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
Well, in the manga, when Link puts on the mask and changes into his Oni form atop the clock tower, Anju recognizes it as Fierce Deity, "an incredibly powerfull god." That means that Fierce Deity has to be some kind of divine being with powers that rival Majora. But let's not forget that "Oni" in japanese is "demon," so wether Fierce Deity is good or bad is arguable.

oracleofcanada

never give in brohams!
i know that the mangas are the only source of info that we really have other than one line but the mangas tsill are not cannon and i dont really believe that the info given is the entire story but ill keep it in mind when i make a complete story

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I know it's fun to try to come up with an explanation to these sorts of things, but there's just nothing to go on. We have no information on what the Fierce Deity is. And without that, there's no possible way of theorizing about it. The only thing we can say is that it may have been a rival of Majora.

oracleofcanada

never give in brohams!
actually i came up with a decent theory; fierce deity link was the creation of the dark tribe that created majora to destroy majora whitch explains why he called deity link bad. but back to my earlier statement when oni link failed to destroy majora he used the last of his power to seal him away and transformed into a mask where the tribe kept the mask safe in hopes of reviveing their demon god but when hms found majoras mask the child in the moon got a hold of the oni mask

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
actually i came up with a decent theory; fierce deity link was the creation of the dark tribe that created majora to destroy majora whitch explains why he called deity link bad. but back to my earlier statement when oni link failed to destroy majora he used the last of his power to seal him away and transformed into a mask where the tribe kept the mask safe in hopes of reviveing their demon god but when hms found majoras mask the child in the moon got a hold of the oni mask

Eh. Maybe, maybe not, but I still stand by what I said that there is no origin story. I also don't think that "ancient tribe" made deities, but rather worshiped them.

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
...I'm pretty sure that theory is incorrect, seeing as how there's nothing really to go on. We can assume that Fierce Deity was orriginally in Termina, and the tribe that used Majora's Mask was from HYRULE. The only real reason that Majora would think of Fierce Deity as an enemy would be because it was technically a rival spirit.

Big Octo

=^)
Eh, I gotta go with JuiceJ. Sure, he's totally awesome, but there isn't much plot relevance to him; he's just an item to help you defeat Majora.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
...I'm pretty sure that theory is incorrect, seeing as how there's nothing really to go on. We can assume that Fierce Deity was orriginally in Termina, and the tribe that used Majora's Mask was from HYRULE. The only real reason that Majora would think of Fierce Deity as an enemy would be because it was technically a rival spirit.

We really can't say where that "ancient tribe" was from. There's no real evidence for either side.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

The best pieces of evidence you really can get are from the name and his design. I don't have much to say for the design, but in regards to the name, "Fierce Deity" is rather inaccurate, but was the best way they could think of to translate "Oni." The same Oni (鬼) is used to refer to the Oni in the title of the game Shin Onigashima (a Famicom Disc System game in Japan Only). When I was talking to my grandpa who speaks Japanese once, he translated "Onigashima" ("Shima" means island) as "ogre island." So, does that make him more accurately Ogre Link?

I think, perhaps worth noting, is that in Japanese he is 鬼神リンク (Oni Gami Link), where "gami" means God, so that's where they get the whole Deity thing. Some kind of god of the ogres, I suppose? Though 鬼 specifically refers to an ogre-like species from Japanese legend, in which case Fierce Diety more likely than not has some connection to them, presumably as their God. How that relates to Majora, we can only guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom