• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Female Link Supposedly Confirmed (HW)

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I saw this on tumblr. Someone I follow can read Japanese and apparently this character was actually supposed to be Link's daughter from the future (fitting into the theme of time manipulation). It was apparently never supposed to be a gender-bent Link, as everyone assumed. Her name was supposed to be Rishikuru. She was probably scrapped due to the sheer amount of controversy that would've occurred if she existed (Let's be honest, this fanbase takes shipping waaaaaaay too seriously)

Really though, you should look for a translation before assuming something like this... she's not a new character.

UPDATE: So apparently, now the whole daughter thing might not be true... I just don't know anymore. Imma just wait for the english version before continuing on this subject :/

Last edited:
Really though, you should look for a translation before assuming something like this...

To be honest, we didn't need to go so far to look for translations. That fact that this was nothing more than concept art to begin with should of been proof enough that female Link wasn't in this game. It baffles me that people actually believe that this was confirmation of a playable character.

I hope that this is indeed just concept art. I've already stated that I am opposed to the idea of a female Link due to the further confusion among the general populace as to who Link is [I'd much rather Link be a solidly identifiable character that people can resonate with, and him always being male plays a large part in that]. Even if this is just a spinoff game and I don't usually care what they do with characters and whatnot, I still do not like this idea because it tampers with Link's identity.

In other words, they shouldn't do it because they haven't done it yet.
Even if Link's identity is confusing to the general populace, there is no reason their ignorance should be a burden on future games. Would it actually damage previous games in the series to make Link female? Would it make the game worse? I don't think so.

Maybe this isn't concept art for a female link but for a female kokiri because if this was for a female link why would the beginning concept arts in the bottom right not look like link at first? you could say this can't be a kokiri because kokiri's stay as a child but to me this looks like it may be a child we have no other charecters in this image to compare her to.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Maybe this isn't concept art for a female link but for a female kokiri because if this was for a female link why would the beginning concept arts in the bottom right not look like link at first? you could say this can't be a kokiri because kokiri's stay as a child but to me this looks like it may be a child we have no other charecters in this image to compare her to.
Those other images are a white fairy and black fairy which eventually became Lana and Cia. The girl in green is directly stated to be a female Link.

Personally, I would have added her by changing her attire from green to blue, give her a somewhat lighter hair color and call her "Aryll".

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
No offense, but I'm glad it was scrapped. I don't think Link needs a female incarnation or multiple versions.

They could always have a separate bloodline for the Heroine/Female Link as another protector figure like Link who can save a land whenever Link is busy with another land or just not available at the moment. He-Man (the old 80's version) did something similar to that where they had a spinoff about He-man's sister She-Ra. The name choices I would give for Female Link would be Linda, Linka, or Linkette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom