• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Feathered Friends

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
This is about the flying types you can catch early in the game. Which ones do you prefer/get the most often?

Kanto's early birds are pidgey and spearow. Both have their advantages, so for me it's almost random what one I decide to get. Both pidgeot and fearow are awesome. But I either get one or the other, never both. Another thing I do is teach my bird fly only if I pick bulbasaur or squirtle. Because how awesome is it to have a charizard flyer?

Johto, you can get pidgey, spearow, and hoothoot early. Again, I seem to pick at random. I had an awesome noctowl in crystal, when I got soulsilver, I tended to have a pidgeot most of the time, but there was one playthrough that I had a fearow.

Hoenn offers taillow and wingull. I have never tried raising a wingull since there are so many other cool water types, carvanha, mudkip...

Sinnoh has starly and hoothoot. Since I love staraptor and the fact that it can learn close combat, that's what I usually have. But I did do a file with a noctowl.

Unova doesn't count, pidove is the only choice you have early on as far as I know. You don't find rufflets or vullabies until way later. Dunno about BW2, you can correct me if I'm wrong.

Skunk

Floof
I usually get Spearow in Kanto because it takes a bit more effort than just catching a Pidgey.

For Johto I usually get Hoothoot because... I don't know... I LIEK OWLZ.

In Hoenn I've done both, but haven't played in Hoenn for a while; so I have no opinion.

Sinnoh usually means Starly for me at the beginning, and I usually switch to something else later.

And in Unova, I'm fairly certain you can only get Pidoves early on.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
The only basic flying types I catch are Starly and Taillow. In Kanto I don't have a single flying type until I catch Zapdos. In Johto I only use Ho-oh or Lugia. In Hoenn I never have a flying type until Rayquaza. In Unova I never have a flying type. Golurk ftw.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
i never had any interest in the kanto flying guys
in pokemon silver however,noctowl was actually included in my team against the elite four
in emerald,didn't really bother catching a taillow,i might if i run into one again

Frankly speaking i only use the flying types for fly. i never use them in combat. the first time i did was in Gen IV because Staraptor is OP in Gen IV. Other than that i never use them.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I am a big fan of Taillow (There I go with my obviously biased posts towards Generation III :rolleyes:). I think Taillow/Swellow is actually my favourite evolutionary family of flying types in the series. It's powerful, it's fast, it's awesome!

I also really like Spearow. Or at least, I like Fearow. I definitely prefer it over Pidgeot and Noctowl, but I have no real idea why. In Gen IV and V, I didn't catch an early bird.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My only bird is Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot. I don't like any other feathered PKMN.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I use to use flying type Pokemon all the time, but then I found better pokemon. I used to catch a pidgey in Kanto & Johto, a tallow in Hoenn, a starly in Sinnoh, and a pidove in Unova. Recently, as i a few years, I felt flying types weren't all that useful in my style of playing. So I rarely ever use flying types now, unless its a HM slave. I started using dragon types like dratini & flygon to fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom