• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Mario Kart Game

What's your favourite Mario Kart game?

• Super Mario Kart (SNES)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mario Kart 64 (N64)

• Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA)

• Mario Kart Double Dash (GCN)

• Mario Kart DS (DS)

• Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

• Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

• Total voters
Difficult question to answer. The Mario Kart franchise is among my most esteeemed. The first two installments felt wacky and only with the unique Double-Dash! did things truly start cooking. The franchise found its true tempo on handhelds, however. Mario Kart DS was overflowing with joy including the ability to race online for the first time and Mission Mode. The 16 classic track tradition was also instilled. I didn't expect to be blown away once more but last year's Mario Kart 7 accomplished just that and earns to gold trophy for me. The physics are excellent (especially when playing in Wario's standard kart), old tracks have been reworked to incorporate air and water segments as well as raise the overall difficulty. The idea of section tracks rather than laps ones is also intriguing and a motion I'd like to see return in the future.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Wii was my favorite, although I'm sure I'd like 7 more if I had a 3DS...

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I would also say Mario Kart 64. I spent SO much time playing that game on my N64 when I was a kid. Like Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64 revolutionized the Mario Kart franchise. The courses weren't flat and everything looked great. As Hanyou said, you needed skill, not luck. Plus, MK64 introduced us to Battle, which is an extremely fun mode to play with friends. If I have people over, we will still pick up that cartridge and play Mario Kart 64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom