• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Convention Experience

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Tomorrow I am heading to an amine convention with a couple of friends so I am reflecting on past convention experiences. What was your favourite or most memorable convention experience (gaming, anime, or otherwise)?

My favourite expo experience was winning a competition to attend an event hosted by Nintendo the night before the EB Games Expo 2012 to be one of the first people in Australia to play the Wii U prior to its release. Around 30-40 people were invited and we spent hours in the Nintendo booth previewing the console on the expo floor before it was opened to the rest of the public. Charles Martinet (the voice of Mario) was also there as part of the event and it was super cool to be able to chat with him for a bit - he was such a friendly and wholesome presence.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I only went to 2 cons. One Dr Who con in Birmingham in the UK (2013) where I met several stars of the show during Matt Smit's time as the Doctor. I had my pic taken with Madam Vastra and Jenny and also my fav compagnon of alltime Donna Noble :D :D
But my fav con moment was in 2019 in Gent, Belgium where I met David Tennant, the 10th Doctor. Of course I went to the David photoshoot with my sister :D
He was the first Doctor I ever saw in real life so that was a very special moment!

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I've never went to a convention. I missed one time after I knew conventions where a thing and I regret it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom