• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Favorite Side Quest in MM?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
What side quest in Majora's Mask did you enjoy doing the most? I know there's a ton, such as the Anju and Kafei request, along with the Postman's request and the alien attack at Romani's Ranch...but which one was your absolute favorite?

Chinagin

Son Just Died. Huh.
Kamaro's Mask dancing sidequest. For one, you get those sexy twin's dancing, but to top it all off, you get to see Kamaro and his sexy dance. It rivals Darunia's dance in sexiness, man. Can't be beat.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Wow, I don't know if I can decide. xD It's been quite a long time since I last played the game, but I think it's a toss-up between the Romani Ranch sidequests (both the alien invasion and the coach ride) and the Anju and Kafei sidequests. I think both are really great stories on their own. Especially the Anju and Kafei one. But what makes the Romani Ranch stuff really stick out to me is the final day; specifically, Cremia being very nice to Malon because she knows the moon is going to fall. Her dialogue showed that she knew they were going to die. And Romani was ignorant of the whole situation. It was very heartbreaking to me.

The Anju and Kafei sidequest is definitely the most work, but it's so worth it. Their story is really tragic and beautiful. And the last part of the sidequest, going through Sakon's hideout, was a lot of fun. Waiting around til the very end of the final day to see the reunion between Anju and Kafei really made their reunion all the more heartbreaking, because they were minutes away from death.

Majora's Mask had a bunch of great sidequests, but those two are definitely my favorites.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Can fetching the Zora Eggs be concidered as a side-quest? Invading the Pirate Fortress, swimming in the depths with the giant sea eels... Man that was awesome. Other then that I'd have to say the Alien Invasion at Romani Ranch. I felt such a rush when 'They' finally arrived and started approaching the barn!

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I guess the majority will probably say the Anju and Kafei side quest, don't get me wrong it's great and all, but it just drags on. The side quest feels like a chore, especially when you have to do it again. Also, the fact that the plot line is separated by lots of running around Termina, time travelling, being patient, it kind of takes away from the emotion you're meant to feel during those final hours as you're just glad it's over and done with. I will say this though, it's probably the most thought-out and intriguing side quest in the series.

My favourite would probably be the Gilded Sword side quest. You could argue that this is even more of a chore than the Anju and Kafei one, but the difference is, I actually enjoyed each sequence. First off, I love the Snowhead area - the music, the erry atmosphere when you first arrive, the residents etc. Secondly it contains one of my favourite mini-games in the series, the Goron Race. Also beating Goht again is always fun. The main difference between this side quest and Anju and Kafei side quest though, is that this one is actually worth it. You get a sword upgrade rather early on (probably the best design in the series), while the latter side quest offers little of worth especially since you'll complete near the game's end.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The alien invasion at Romani ranch was one of my favorites, but I also like the sidequest were you are in the wagon trying to keep the Gorman Brothers from breaking the Milk jars being delivered to the Milk bar in Clock Town.

Not sure if people will call this a sidequest or not, since it's part of advancing the story, but I've always liked gaining the Captain's Hat. Especially that last bit of dialogue between you and Skull Keeta. It felt very full of emotion and honor to me, somehow...

Also beating Goht again is always fun.

He's gotta be one of the best designed bosses in the history of Zelda games.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
My favourite would probably be the Gilded Sword side quest. You could argue that this is even more of a chore than the Anju and Kafei one, but the difference is, I actually enjoyed each sequence. First off, I love the Snowhead area - the music, the erry atmosphere when you first arrive, the residents etc. Secondly it contains one of my favourite mini-games in the series, the Goron Race. Also beating Goht again is always fun. The main difference between this side quest and Anju and Kafei side quest though, is that this one is actually worth it. You get a sword upgrade rather early on (probably the best design in the series), while the latter side quest offers little of worth especially since you'll complete near the game's end.

^ Dis.
Being a Goron was my favourite transformation in the game, so I really enjoyed the battle between Goht, as well as the Goron race. Plus, like Justc00lguy said, you actually got something useful out off the ordeal.

MajorasPuppet

Deku Hero
Anju and Kafei and here is why:
Unlike many other side quests in MM, or any Zelda game for that matter, the Anju and Kafei story has a real, true plot. Unlike the alien invasion where you find out one day, and then come back to fight them off, there is actually a depth to the AaK story. (Just going to refer to it as AaK) It first starts out like a chore, and it takes a lot of guess work, but as you get farther along in the story, it becomes increasingly more complex and stressful as you try to get every where at the right time. And following the climax, you reach an emotional ending. If there is ANY side quest that sticks with ya, it's this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom