• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Extinct Animal?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
We've had a post about favorite modern extant animals, but not one on extinct paleo-fauna.

So, what's your favorite extinct animal?

For me, it varies, but I keep coming back to Microraptor, a small tree-climbing dromaeosaurid closely related to Velociraptor.

It was about the size of a crow or a raven, and the black with iridescent feathering is actually directly indicated in actual fossil finds and scientific research.

Microraptor by PrehistoryByLiam on DeviantArt

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
it's crazy to think that 99% of all species to exist on earth are extinct, and people just keep adding onto that

anyways, probably the mammoth b/c I just find it fascinating how they used to roam North America, and the Steppe Mammoth is one of the biggest land mammals to ever exist

79ac4c342e994af68a566fdb409d6813.jpg

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
it's crazy to think that 99% of all species to exist on earth are extinct, and people just keep adding onto that

anyways, probably the mammoth b/c I just find it fascinating how they used to roam North America, and the Steppe Mammoth is one of the biggest land mammals to ever exist

79ac4c342e994af68a566fdb409d6813.jpg
Fun fact to distort your view of time, in the time of Ancient Egypt, a population of mammoths was still living on Wrangel Island.

How crazy is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom