• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Area in Majora's Mask

Favorite area in Majora's Mask

• Woodfall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snowhead

• Great Bay

• Ikana Valley

• Total voters
I gotta agree with the majority on this one (which is rare, by the way). Ikana Valley was, in my opinion, the best area in the game. So much creepiness, mysticism, style and atmosphere. Loved it. And Stone Tower Temple is my favorite dungeon in the series. It also has my favorite song in the series as well. :)

Another thing I liked about Ikana was all the mystery. It had a pretty interesting backstory that was never fully explained. It's probably my favorite thing to theorize on in the whole series. It also seems like it tied in with Majora itself, probably in a big way.

Nobody likes Woodfall because it's just that lone swamp area where you enter the temple that's really it. I voted for Ikana Valley because it's open to more area and it's fun to just hang out in.
I actually really liked Woodfall a lot. That's my second favorite area, actually. :) It's also my favorite forest-type area out of all the Zelda games.

I'd have to say that I like Great Bay the most. I've never really seen the great appeal to Ikana..

The main thing that I like about Great Bay is that it's a beach area. And one of the only beach areas in Zelda. Well. I suppose that there are lots of beach areas in Wind Waker but.. Anyway, I just really like beach areas. I especially liked the freedom that you had whilst traveling underwater. It seemed very open, and ocean-like. And it had a nice amount of enemies while not making it really annoying to maneuver and do things in the water. Such as how it is in some tiles with the Gyorgs in Wind Waker.. Ugh.

I also liked the little coastal town like thing, with the fishing hut and everything. I wish that they had expanded on it a bit more. I also really liked the Zora Hall. It was way nicer then Zora's Domain in Ocarina of Time. Though that one was really nice as well. And the Great Bay Laboratory was also a really nice location. And the canyon place which leads to the Beavers was nice as well.. Oh, and I can't forget the Pirate place.. Great Bay is just full of great places.

One major complaint that I did have about Great Bay is the music choice. I really do not like the theme there. I think something more akin to the Zora's Domain theme would be a lot more fitting for that location. I also think that it needed more palm trees, and a whole lot less Leevers.. Curse them.
You've got some great points there Kaz. I liked Great Bay a lot too. And I do like the coastal areas too, primarily because they're so rare. It's nice to see a neat area like that instead of more of the same. :)

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I'd have to say that I like Great Bay the most. I've never really seen the great appeal to Ikana..

The main thing that I like about Great Bay is that it's a beach area. And one of the only beach areas in Zelda. Well. I suppose that there are lots of beach areas in Wind Waker but.. Anyway, I just really like beach areas. I especially liked the freedom that you had whilst traveling underwater. It seemed very open, and ocean-like. And it had a nice amount of enemies while not making it really annoying to maneuver and do things in the water. Such as how it is in some tiles with the Gyorgs in Wind Waker.. Ugh.

I also liked the little coastal town like thing, with the fishing hut and everything. I wish that they had expanded on it a bit more. I also really liked the Zora Hall. It was way nicer then Zora's Domain in Ocarina of Time. Though that one was really nice as well. And the Great Bay Laboratory was also a really nice location. And the canyon place which leads to the Beavers was nice as well.. Oh, and I can't forget the Pirate place.. Great Bay is just full of great places.

One major complaint that I did have about Great Bay is the music choice. I really do not like the theme there. I think something more akin to the Zora's Domain theme would be a lot more fitting for that location. I also think that it needed more palm trees, and a whole lot less Leevers.. Curse them.

Dude, I had the same reaction when I was playing. The zoras in like every game seem like the most peace loving people yet they get this gruel music. But what I think they were trying to do was portray the hardship that not only Great Bay was going through, but all of Termina as well. If you listen, most of the music for the individual places of termina (not the field) sound alike.

Now me personally, I like Clock Town best and Romani's Ranch second, but since they aren't a choice, I have to go with Great Bay, for one reason. Zora Hall. It is so peaceful its ridiculous. When playing MM I was wishing I could just go there, chill, and listen to the Indigo's Go practice. They put a lot of detail into the individual rooms of the band members. To bad Mikau didn't get his own room. (Fat Tijo breaking people's ladder.)

Don't get me wrong the other things were good too, it's just Zora hall made me want to come back.

I gotta agree with the majority on this one (which is rare, by the way). Ikana Valley was, in my opinion, the best area in the game. So much creepiness, mysticism, style and atmosphere. Loved it. And Stone Tower Temple is my favorite dungeon in the series. It also has my favorite song in the series as well. :)

Another thing I liked about Ikana was all the mystery. It had a pretty interesting backstory that was never fully explained. It's probably my favorite thing to theorize on in the whole series. It also seems like it tied in with Majora itself, probably in a big way.

:)

I can't believe so many people liked Ikana. Ikana freaked me out with all the dead people, especially the gibidos. (This was my first Zelda game.) And the fact that Sakon's hideout was there didn't help. (I felt so sorry for Kafei) I will admit though that the mysterious story of Ikana had me curious. I wondered what the war was about that the children were fighting for? What was the land like before it was filled with dead? And what did all these people look like alive? (was the king really that huge?) All these questions went through my head, but I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Last edited:
C

celibi88

i really liked snowhead the most. mainly because i'm a huge fan of ice areas in video games

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom