• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Facebook's Timeline

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
I don't want to get timeline because there could have been things that I've said in the past that I don't want other people to see. If I got a timeline, people could access my earlier information with just a button press. Also, timeline takes longer to load than a regular profile, which kind of detracts me from it. I'm holding off on getting timeline for as long as I can because I prefer the older layout.

Gomp

Love, loving life!
Welcome to the world of "adapt" or "die" ...

FB came with the timeline as an answer to Google+ ..

And Google+ lost..

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
I prefer the old layout to Timeline. But it's not the new layout that annoys me, it's that they're converting people without permission. I'm trying to avoid it as long as I can, if only to rebel.

I absolutely hate it but love it at the same time. I only really hate it because when it came out I had to reconfigure my privacy settings as it pretty much opened my page up to anyone. But I like the layout, it's very original.

Jacobro

Chillest of Bros
As one of the people who have been on facebook since 2007, I've been through quite a few changes, which everyone would complain about endlessly. Then, a while later, they would change it again, and people would complain that they loved the format they are in. It's always the same people too, and I'm kind of tired of it. Would you have preferred facebook stay on its whole "page really long and you can't find the wall because it's on a different part of everyone's page" format?

I like the banner above everything and how you can navigate easier through different parts.
But some of my friends are posting all the time and when I look at their wall some of the posts seem to have disappeared which is rather confusing.
So, I would say it has its as many advantages as it has disadvantages.

Even though I am on FB often (even right now), the new lay out with a time line is ... well not terrible, however there can be so much more that could be done with it...
I have no real reason to fill out more of the timeline saying that I literally have under 75 friends (real people I know and get along with), and then I only have my closes of friends even able to SEE anything on FB.... so..... :P
A lot of what it seems I use FB for now is keeping me updated on favorite sites, ZD, as well as funny picture... :P

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
The only thing I enjoyed was putting up a sick Zelda cover. Err... not a cover of Zelda throwing up. You get what I mean...

In all seriousness, I think it's really dumb. What David said about the two-columns is extremely true. Every other post goes in a column, so basically what people say on your wall alternates depending on the order in which things were said. While it offers a more personal view of a person, it is way too clutter and way too confusing to enjoy.

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
Well... I am indifferent with the timeline. On one hand, it's MUCH easier to stalk people now; which is a plus/minus depending on which prespective you're on. But it's easier to find history, instead of endlessly scrolling down. Which is nice. And the layout is unique, so... yeah. And cover photos are cute. ^^ I converted to timeline by choice.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Who would have thought that Facebook's Timeline would cause even more controversy than when Zelda's Timeline was revealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom