• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
scum had a long time to prepare fake claims based on which roles weren't in the game and jinjo's claim feels pretty underwhelming and poorly presented which makes me think it was made on the fly and not prepared beforehand. While its possible that scum just never bothered to make fakeclaims i think that they'd be inclined to since exlight said he gave them roles that weren't in the game for them to use for that purpose.

I'm currently leaning seanzie for that purpose. I don't feel particularly bad about anything I've seen from him and i feel like a lot of the cases on him are probably not great but i liked jinjo's claim.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
KoD knows your role though, so he can probably share how it all works if he want anyway. I am not sure what the big deal is of saying if you used your role n1 or not... usually when somebody claims, they give all the night actions to be more transparent.

I think not wanting to need to use your role on somebody makes sense though.

its my understanding that KoD only knows seanzie's rolename, though it seems i missed a lot of stuff when i was rereading so maybe i'm wrong

I'm the bullfighter. I day-target someone and only me and that person can be targeted that night (aside from factional abilities, which I do not affect)

I find this to be low effort voting from Rag. Its essentially KoD is off his meta but it's been addressed multiple times already that KoD just started a champs game and further has been like this for a few games now, flipping town in said games. Combined with the things I mentioned earlier and the gremlin snafu and I think I'm comfortable leaving my vote here.

Vote: Rag

What do you think about what Minish said about Rag earlier?

Ragnarokio

Sorry... what is a gremlin? I google roles I do not know but this one is not giving me anything...

gremlin is one of the roles that could potentially be in this game, we don't know what it does. We were given a list of rolenames matching up with roles that exlight designed (but didn't necessarily include). We don't know what they do but could guess based on the names.

What do you think of my post about KoD being very villager with how he handled his flavor cop check on Seanzie?

i don't know the post. Its been made apparent to me that I missed a lot of details when i was catching up with the game, which I suppose shouldn't be surprising since i read it all at once. I'll have to re-read it and be more careful about that. I'm currently null on KoD though, now that i know his innactivity is just because of champs.

From what I've seen of Ex's roles, they seem to generally have a twist of some sort, so they're not straight redirects, protects, or the like. But Seanzie's claimed ability almost seems too strong.

The strongarm is one of their abilities, implying that they have other abilities.
Nah, I have abilities which can strongarm people into doing things.

They can choose who to target, and who to redirect to.
I was going to force 15337 to target PK so the cop shot at least wasn't wasted on Ex, [...]

It also applies to items.
I don't want to say too much, but I control targets, not abilities, so any targeted abilities they use would be moved to who I want.

They also have rolestop powers.
This also could have possibly caught 15337 in a lie depending on what else they said because my ability has some rolestop powers as well, [...]

But they're not using any of them tonight.
[...] my ability has some rolestop powers as well, but again that has drawbacks to the whole "ability madness" thing going on tonight, so I've decided to holster.

I really don't know whether they're lying about their role or it just has some hefty downside they need to keep secret.

Oh, Seanzie just claimed.

I'm the bullfighter. I day-target someone and only me and that person can be targeted that night (aside from factional abilities, which I do not affect)
...I guess? That seems to contradict you being able to force a target. They could just wait a night if they didn't like it.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I'm currently leaning seanzie for that purpose. I don't feel particularly bad about anything I've seen from him and i feel like a lot of the cases on him are probably not great but i liked jinjo's claim.

I really don't feel good about this

If you personally don't feel like either one is scum, why are you leaning Seanzie? You should vote for who you think is suspicious, not what others think. You also said something like this during day 1, when people were talking about lynching Ex. Don't follow others for just because, but form your own opinions based off information and reads.

I don't see how this makes sense with anything you've claimed. What you've said about your role did not hint that everyone would know you had used it. Nor would knowing you use it give scum any more info with what you hinted either. Maybe you're reading into things since you have more info but my reason for asking was so you couldn't backtrack later and lie about it. Since that's common for scum to do with roles like that.
I don't see how this makes sense with anything you've claimed. What you've said about your role did not hint that everyone would know you had used it. Nor would knowing you use it give scum any more info with what you hinted either. Maybe you're reading into things since you have more info but my reason for asking was so you couldn't backtrack later and lie about it. Since that's common for scum to do with roles like that.

Duh, I was deliberately hiding certain parts of my role to bait scum into being afraid about claims I could possibly contradict and to get them to kill me. Talk to me post-game when I see your alignment (and if you're town, you see mine).

Ragnarokio

are other players made aware of this when you activate your ability?

I never heard of this role... this is why I'm not good at Mafia and the Google is not helping ^^;

@KingofDominaria

What info did your flavor cop get on Seanzie??

Also... 11 minutes until the phase ends omg!!

Jinjo's poking claim is REALLY bad lol... it does nothing and the Tracker is conveniently dead xD

From what I've seen of Ex's roles, they seem to generally have a twist of some sort, so they're not straight redirects, protects, or the like. But Seanzie's claimed ability almost seems too strong.

The strongarm is one of their abilities, implying that they have other abilities.

They can choose who to target, and who to redirect to.

It also applies to items.

They also have rolestop powers.

But they're not using any of them tonight.

I really don't know whether they're lying about their role or it just has some hefty downside they need to keep secret.

Oh, Seanzie just claimed.

...I guess? That seems to contradict you being able to force a target. They could just wait a night if they didn't like it.
Yes, they could wait, but hopefully they wouldn't be so stubborn to do that if at least their preferred player was targetable.

Ragnarokio

I really don't feel good about this

If you personally don't feel like either one is scum, why are you leaning Seanzie? You should vote for who you think is suspicious, not what others think. You also said something like this during day 1, when people were talking about lynching Ex. Don't follow others for just because, but form your own opinions based off information and reads.

because those two are the most likely to be lynched right now and supporting a third wagon wouldn't affect the lynch. I think jinjo is town and in order to have her not lynched the most viable strategy is to vote seanzie, who i think is less likely to be town than jinjo.

Votecount 2.10.

Seanzie
(4) - Morbid Minish, DawningWinds, EchoLight, Jinjo
Jinjo (3) - SoulAdvent, Mint Elv, Seanzie
KingOfDominaria (1) - Ragnarokio
Echolight (1) - Paranoid King
Ragnarokio (1) - 15377
Not voting (1) - KingOfDominaria

Phase ends on April 28rd, at 9:00:00 PM (GMT-3).
DEADLINE COUNTDOWN

20 MINUTES REMAINING IN THE DAY

@Jinjo @Echolight @DawningWinds @Morbid Minish

Thoughts on Jinjo's claim vs Seanzie's claim?

Yes. It is told that you can only target me and the other.
The "rolestopping" was a bit of a fudging of the truth. I can't rolestop, just stop people from targeting.

I could force Numbers to target one of me or PK, and stop scum from being able to roleblock Numbers, which would result in either a cop check on a player or Numbers being killed if they were town, since I was heavily suspecting Numbers, this seemed pretty win-win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom